Missing Keystone minibike parts.

I was given a 73' Keystone with the 49cc Tas 2 stroke. It was missing the rod that goes thru the drive shaft to activate the clutch. I had it running last fall using some 3/16 rod, but would like to make up something close to the original. If any one has access to this part I really would appreciate any info you could share. The chain also was missing , and a local motorcycle shop sold some they thought was correct , but the short amount of time I ran it, it already shows "new" wear marks on the bottom of the drive sprocket, it's like the spacing it right, but the depth is wrong? I can't remember the # of the chain they sold me, but it has 415h on it. What did these come with when new?

Welcome to OldMiniBikes. :thumbsup: Those Keystones with the 49cc 2 strokes are great little mini bikes, but as far as I can see parts for the TAS motor are unavailable, you can still look but I couldn't find anything. There is a guy who used a 50cc 2 stroke Honda motor as a replacement along with the accompanying transmission. The bike he did like that ran really good, but also looked fairly original. As far as chain goes, just take off the rear sprocket and take it to a place that has a good selection of chain and get the parts guy to help you find the correct match. :thumbsup: Good luck with your Keystone.

Thanks for the info. I,m hoping some one has one of these that could give a picture or some dimensions of the missing part . I'm a machinist, so was hoping to make one. Unable to find any close up pictures of the clutch mech.
In the process now of using a cnc mill to make an alum clutch / chain cover based off some pictures on this web site .

That's great you are a machinist that will make this lots easier. If you go to the photo section of this site, and go under the Keystone section there are some picture of bikes like yours. With the picture is the username of the OldMiniBikes member who has that bike, maybe you could try personal messaging them through the site? :shrug: That would probly be the best way. :thumbsup:

If all else fails hatcher; this might help. Ogyhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Keystone-Mini-Bike-Maintenance-Manual-TAS-2-stroke-Reprinted/120989280833?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=002&category=14059&cmd=ViewItem

Kestone Parts

I have 3/4 of and engine I can send you for copying parts.
If the other 2 guys ahead of me don't find what you need let me know.
I have my bike in the build off but Im missing the carb, the recoil housing, flywheel, springs, rope housing etc. I almost gave up on this project, but not yet.

Thanks
frankster

Motra