Motovox MBX10 with exhaust and MBX11 starting a Predator swap

A few weeks ago grandma bought home a new Motovox MBX10 mini bike that she bought at K-mart. Here is a shot of how it came from the factory in all its glory.

My 7 year old son has been having a blast with this thing and overall we are very happy with it. I was kind of bummed that it doesn't have a cool exhaust so I picked up an MBX11 pipe and put it on. It looks way better, sounds good, and seems to be a little quicker as well. Here is a shot of it installed

The first time I took the MBX10 for a ride I fell in love and knew I had to have one. My one big concern was the lack of motivation for an adult with the stock 80cc 2.5hp engine. Within a week I scored my own Motovox Platinum otherwise known as the MBX11 on craigslist. I wasn't too concerned with condition as I planned to replace the engine and most of the other parts as well. This is where I got the exhaust to swap onto my sons bike. Here is a shot of the hot mess I found on craigslist.

My next stop was harbor freight to pick up a 212cc Predator engine with my $99 super coupon :thumbsup:

I have already placed a large order with the nice folks over at OldMiniBikes for the parts I want to use for my build. I should have the parts by mid next week and will probably start a new thread in the project logs section for the MBX11 Predator build.

Peter

IJG

Sweet man,

Welcome To OLDMINIBIKES.COM
I too have an MBX10':smile:
That I plan to go full on with mod's sooner or later.:thumbsup:
I am Very fond of her as well. The stock motor has no power to climb hills or push through a head wind, I am looking forward to seeing you're modifications.