Muffler for Clone?

I'm in the process of getting all the parts for my new build. I want to have an under seat larger muffler installed when finished. I want it to be freer flowing than the stock muffler and also remain quiet, so it needs to be larger.

Are there any mufflers available like this? I was thinking on ordering a pit bike type muffler and see how that works. Anyone use one?

It really needs to be quiet as this will be a hunting/exploring rig (large 25" tires, basically a 2 wheeled ATV).

Thanks for the help.

the screw on Briggs replacement style mufflers are pretty quiet. you can get them for $5 at some hardware stores. i'm running an RLV silencer on mine but it's still pretty loud.

my friend has a dirt bike muffler on his DB with a 110cc swap and it just sounds like a small dirt bike.

I plan on running the brigs bullet style muffler, the $5 dollar one. I used it on a stock clone other than filter and header, and it kept the noise down a decent amount but it was still much louder than stock.

get a stock muffler and cut off the stock muffler so you can use the flange or buy a new flange to weld to, then get a baffled exhaust tip for a car (air cooled vw) then weld it on, I used a washer to attach it to the small diameter tube, if you can find a adapter to increase it to larger size good luck, If your exhaust gasket isnt blown then its quiet flows better and sounds cool.

Last edited: