Mustang II straight piped!!

KB2ROCKET

A few years ago i sold my 78 king cobra with a very modifyed 302 but i dont really miss it now i have a blown 347 stroker in a gasser style 88 ranger

joekd

Sounds good, when I had my fox body 5.0 I used to run shorty header, a 2.5 H-pipe and that was it, no cats, mufflers or turn downs

Car was stupid loud (would shut it off 2 houses away and roll home if coming in at night) but was such a blast to drive

This is my current 96 GT with catted X and Magnapack catback http://members.cox.net/stanggt/xpipe.mp3

delray

dude you need a real motor. maybe a nice little 302.....:thumbsup:
right now it sounds like......Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.......:laugh:

KB2ROCKET

Sounds good but those were the most god awful ugly mustangs ever.
they needed something between 74 and 78 and if it wernt for the mustang II the mustang name would have died

remember charlies angels? they drove mustang II's that would squeel the tires on a dirt road:laugh:

Last edited:
It has the 302 in it. out of tune so im probley putting out as much as power as a v6 right now
The cylinder heads on those cars are super restrictive for those years. That engine when new put out around 140 hp. I had 7 mustang IIs in the 80s. I used to put flat top pistons and pre 1970 windsor heads on em, small cam and 600 vacuum secondary carb. performer intake and headers......woke those old fords up.

We never had a dyno around back then....but mine would put about 8 cars on mustang gts. I thought I had a rocket ship. LOL You can find heads for that car super cheap at the junk yard. get anything pre 70 and you will add at least 75 hp with that bolt on.............well......if tuned with supporting mods any way.