My custom reverse trike "STILL IN PROGESS"

Here's my reverse trike I've been working on It has a gy6 150cc engine , hand controls , and rear storage .
My future plans are windscreen, Motorcycle front tires /brakes, possible suspension and enclosed soft top.
She will easily do 65mph and cruises comfortably .
Parts are from several makers ,Honda rear rack, foldable steering and seat from handicap cart front clip is Yamaha 4 wheeler and
steering bushings ect from wheel chair .
IMG_20141126_122808.jpg IMG_20141126_122819.jpg

WLB

I like your concept but those wheels were not designed to take side loads. Motorcycle wheels were not either. There have been some dramatic failures of bike and motorcycle wheels when used in such applications.

I like your concept but those wheels were not designed to take side loads. Motorcycle wheels were not either. There have been some dramatic failures of bike and motorcycle wheels when used in such applications.
Yes I understand. What your referring to is axial load There are many recumbent bike with similar setups that has no problems .

I rarely run faster than 30mph and it seems the center of gravity to be towards the rear making the front very light .
I have a bearing shop that make custom bearings and I have very heavy duty roller type in my hubs.
I benn riding this way for over a year without any problems at all ,The wheels are still true.

It's got a look to it as Frank Fritz would say. I encourage any building of home spun transportation, it's how our hobby started and here we are now.

Man, I really love this thing. I have been wanting to build a cycle cart or a cycle car for a long time and that thing gives good Ideas on how to build one. Great Job, can't wait till it is done