My First Build From Scratch

This is my first build. It took me a year and a half to build part time. I designed, bent, and welded the frame in my dad’s shop. It has a 5.5 HP Briggs and Stratton engine from a rotor tiller. It has a custom gas tank and custom glass pack muffler also designed and built by me. I've got many new ideas started for my next bike. What do you think? :laugh:

Last edited:
Wow Shawn,all that being done down in the basement.What size DOM is that and how tight a radius will the Baileigh bend? There are things you can do to those Briggs engines to make them come to life,very good choice of motor IMO.I like your work,were in WI are you.I live right by Great America in IL.

The frame is built with 7/8" OD, I think 0.0825" walled, steel tubing. The bender has a 3" radius bend piece and a I know you can buy smaller or bigger bend pieces. I think I will look into upgrading the engine. I live in Fond du Lac so a couple hours away.

Also heres a video comparing the mufflers. I think the glasspack is quieter but I really like how it turned out.

Mini Bike: Stock to Glasspack Comparison - YouTube

Last edited: