My First Mini Bike Project

The pics are a few shots along the way during my build. I fabricated everything at home and used a Honda GX160 from a pressure washer that blew the pump. Engine runs great. The bike is a real cruiser and a lot of fun to ride.:thumbsup:

Attachments

My goodness that is nice.

It might be your first mini bike project, but your fabrication skills look very professional ! Great job :thumbsup:

Also, enjoy riding your mini, and be proud of creating/building something that beautiful !

...yeah, great work. :thumbsup:

I can appreciate the time, tinkering and figuring that it takes. Looks like you have a nice place to ride, too.

Thanks all for the kind words. Looking forward to another build and improving on a few things. After all, my wife needs something to ride! :scooter: I love the fact that I have front and rear suspension, but it took a long time to fab everything. Used the new Taco 100B (don't think it's still produced anymore??) design features.
I love anything related to fab and riding on something with an engine. I used to do collision repair, so the fab and paint work came from the many hours I used to rebuild cars. Also 5 years welding full time for Cat help too. That was over 22 years ago, so it's good to build something to keep your skills from getting rusty.

I would like to have a mini bike show and swap meet at a local drive in (Polk a Dots in Braidwood, IL). My son's in-laws family are part owners and they said I could have one. Not sure how much interest there would be for something like that? If anyone is in the area and would like to participate, shoot me a message. Thanks!

All I can say is you've done one heck of a job on this build ! It turned out great ...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

BEAUTIFUL......:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Hello Rich, The bender works great. I learned a few things (made a few bends I couldn't use) during the build, but it was fairly easy to use. The dial wheel kept the forming consistent between bends. My only complaint was the bend radius on the die set I purchased was not tight enough for my handlebars. The "U" section at the bottom isn't as perfect as I would like. I tried for a tight bend and it didn't quit work out like I hoped. The other bends on the bars came out good, so I kept it. I just centered the bars while on the mount and welded the U bolts in place (like the old Rupps). I was able to form all the other bends without issue. I have the 7/8" 3" radius die for the JD2. the JD2 is a little more their lower end unit, but I think worth the money.

Hello Rich, The bender works great. I learned a few things (made a few bends I couldn't use) during the build, but it was fairly easy to use. The dial wheel kept the forming consistent between bends. My only complaint was the bend radius on the die set I purchased was not tight enough for my handlebars. The "U" section at the bottom isn't as perfect as I would like. I tried for a tight bend and it didn't quit work out like I hoped. The other bends on the bars came out good, so I kept it. I just centered the bars while on the mount and welded the U bolts in place (like the old Rupps). I was able to form all the other bends without issue. I have the 7/8" 3" radius die for the JD2. the JD2 is a little more their lower end unit, but I think worth the money.
thanks looks like you did a great job