Need a new throttle

What's the best throttle assembly you guys and gals have bought from OldMiniBikes? I just finished a bike and I bought the cheap throttle assembly, I think the $23 set that OldMiniBikes offers, and it just doesn't work well. I had the same set on another bike and never cared for it either, I guess I'm just cheap and thought I could save a buck. What do you all have good luck with? Thanks in advance for your words of wisdom. Jordan

If you haven't already, I would take apart your throttle assembly and see if there is something causing the poor operation. Maybe a piece of flashing, or something that can be corrected. Of course they like some grease within, to make it operate smoothly... Don't forget the cable too.

If you're running 7/8 bars, your throttle control options are endless.

Mac

Sometimes you have to file off burrs and sharp edges on minibike throttles.
I also unscrew that little bolt at the bottom all the way, to remove the resistance thing that rubs against the throttle.
There's always the backup plan using a brake handle for the throttle....:laugh:

I ran out of time working on it this weekend, but I need to try all of the above recommendations. OldMiniBikes offers several 7/8 throttles but the pictures all kinda look like the same mechanism with different grips put on. Anybody have a preference?