Need Help With Predator 212cc

My engine decided to act up on me, it won't start and the air filter box broke. I kinda accidentally left my go kart outside and it got a little wet. Long story short I now keep it in my garage and it won't start. Also the same night the air filter box cover decide to brake off. I'm talking about the little piece of plastic that the cover hooks under. I was thinking of getting a cone air filter but when examining it I saw it goes into the top of the gas tank and the little top piece right next to it that looks like a cheaper piece of metal than the rest of it. Sooo I think it's the spark plug that could be bad, How do I check if it's bad? If I got a new air filter what would I do about these two places that it connects to? Any help would be appreciated. :smile:

vwfan79

The air filter issue: I'm guessing your talking about the valve cover breather tube and the tank vent tube that both go into the stock air box. The tank vent tube you can just zip tie some where out of the way and leave it disconnected, the valve cover vent you can buy a breather cone filter at Autozone to put over the end of the tube. As for the spark plug pull it out and take a look at the color of it, if its really black then it is probably fouled out, you can google search a plug chart and compare it to that.

FYI: If you put a cone air filter on you will need to rejet your carb. More air flow need more fuel.

vwfan79

Try disconnecting the low oil sensor (yellow wires on the front of the motor) you will still have spark just not enough to start the motor if the sensor is causing the problem. if it starts make sure your oil level is good.

dump the fuel i bet water got in the tank does it try to start and just falls on its face? and make sure its sitting flat and it has oil in it cause theres a low oil sensor that wont let it start without oil u can unplug the connector and try it its in the front of the motor

Also drain the carb bowl. Is the air filter broke by the carb? Because if you don't know already,the bolts to the air filter hold the carb on too.

The air filter is broken at the top. I got it running, I thought the spark wasn't good enough from the spark plug. Luckily I kept the old engine that I took off, I thought might as well test that spark plug. It started first pull, I've still gotta get a new air filter and rejet the carb from what vwfan79 said.

Just one more thing would a tire shop put my go kart tire back on my rim? I accidentally popped it and already have a new tube in, I just can't get the tire back on the rim?

The air filter is broken at the top. I got it running, I thought the spark wasn't good enough from the spark plug. Luckily I kept the old engine that I took off, I thought might as well test that spark plug. It started first pull, I've still gotta get a new air filter and rejet the carb from what vwfan79 said.

Just one more thing would a tire shop put my go kart tire back on my rim? I accidentally popped it and already have a new tube in, I just can't get the tire back on the rim?
Most tire shops around here don't install small tires on rims. I had to go to a lawn supply store (Erb) to get mine installed.

cxbra

Also GoKartLover, make sure that the new plug you put in is designed for the engine. The 2 plugs that work with the 212cc Predator are the NGK BP-6ES and the NHSP / Torch F6TC. Some other plugs with work no problem, but if you put the wrong plug in that was too long it wont work.

old-timer

Scamming Member
Wal-Mart will mount the tire for you. I just had a couple done myself and they charged me $5.00 each. Well worth it to me :thumbsup:

Vic