New Bead Breaker

I needed a bead breaker to dismount a set of tires I got for my trike :doah:
I thought about getting one from Harbor Freight :shrug: But before I drove over there I thought I would check Tractor Supply :thumbsup: For $5 more I got a much better unit, I had to bolt it to the floor and I think I'll pour a pad out side and make a cover to go over it but it works great :thumbsup:

And then with the old rims I made a yard art table :thumbsup:
I hammered a 4 foot piece of rebar through the hubs to hold it in place :thumbsup:

cool im surprized tractor supply wasnt 2 or 3 times the cost :thumbsup: those 3 wheeler wheels are the worst since they have the huge bead lock bump on the low pressure wheels so that was a great test

cool im surprized tractor supply wasnt 2 or 3 times the cost :thumbsup: those 3 wheeler wheels are the worst since they have the huge bead lock bump on the low pressure wheels so that was a great test
Brian, I had to move the rim several times per side to get it done but I was very happy with the quality of the tool :thumbsup: although the first place I had it screwed down to it pulled the screws out :doah: I moved it from plywood floor to 2x6 floor and it held :thumbsup:
That why I am thinking about pouring a concrete pad and mounting it there :shrug:
nice randy, after you bust your tires loose ya got somewhere to set down your beer :thumbsup:
:laugh: I had the same stack there but with the tires still mounted since I brought them home from Windber :thumbsup: Its a great place to sit and have a beer :laugh:

S1att3r

I have enough trouble getting atv tires to break down with a air powered bead breaker. I've even had to cut some off of the wheels.

i use the TS one you have,we bolted it to a large piece of flat steel for a base.
then it can be stood up and kept out of the way till needed.
" leaned against the wall "
the hf one,looks dinky and flimsy..you could probably build one better.

heres my bead breaker. it started off as an attempt at a shop press. the top and bottom blue beams are the remains of an old rusted out 2 post lift. tied them together with bed frame then we were going to use a jack between them for press work. but it didnt work too good so we made it into a bead braker. the height is adjustable for different width wheels. It works really well.