New DB30 6.5hp conversion Minibike (two) in Raleigh Area

ncpi

I listed my two Doodlebugs with Honda clone 6.5hp conversions, (using cjtmini's kit) for sale on craigslist in Raleigh. These are basically brand new, only started and run for a short period to insure they work well. All the work is done for you if you want a new DB30 conversion. Asking $400 each. Only interested in local sales, no shipping please.

Here's the link with pics.
2 New Doodlebug Minibike w/ conversion to 6.5hp Engine

ncpi

Yes, I did try to price it as a reasonably good deal compared to building your own. The DB30 is $299, a harbor freight 6.5 clone will run $100-$140 (depending on whether you can catch a sale) and the clutch/conversion kit is $125.
...Bill

ncpi

The 2 converted DB30's are still available if anyone wants to save themselves some time and money on newly converted minbikes.

ncpi

Still available. If you are considering building one of these, you may want to seriously consider these. It will save you both time and money.

...Bill

ncpi

Hey guys,

These are still available...I'll make a package price for 2. Great Father and Son gift for Christmas (only 2 months away). I do travel to Wilmington and thru Boone quite often, so if you are along the Wilmington-to-Raleigh-to-Greensboro-to-Boone route I may be able to arrange delivery. You can't build these for the price I am offering.

Bill

You'll get more satisfaction buying a used one and doing the conversion yourself, I've done a few and me and my kids all have repowered DBs! You wont regret it!:thumbsup:

ncpi

Yep, agreed with EZ. Text is not worth anything without seeing what the bikes actually look like.
Sorry for my goof up before, but Pics are up above in post #12

Cudaman, love to sell you one, but think shipping would make it not very economical. Want to drive down to NC?

Last edited:
Sorry for my goof up before, but Pics are up above in post #12

Cudaman, love to sell you one, but think shipping would make it not very economical. Want to drive down to NC?
At this time my work doesn't allow me the time to take a road trip...wish I could though. But...if you could take it apart enough to box it up (forks, tires, drain it, etc), if shipping didn't go past $100 I'd go for it, assuming it runs VG and has low hours as you mentioned.

I'm fixing to buy a another new DB to go with the one I just bought for my daughter so we can ride around together. Course I'll be doing the 6.5 upgrade anyhow so I thought going with one of yours might save me some time and money. That and I think I'd rather have the older style like yours for a 6.5 clone rather than the new type.

Anyhow, maybe you could keep trying to selling yours locally, but if it doesn't pan out, please keep me in mind as an option should you decide you can ship.

Thanks
Tom

Last edited:

ncpi

At this time my work doesn't allow me the time to take a road...wish I could though. But...if you could take it apart enough to box it up (forks, tires, drain it, etc), if shipping didn't go past $100 I'd go for it, assuming it runs VG and has low hours as you mentioned.

I'm fixing to buy a another new DB to go with the one I just bought for my daughter so we can ride around together. Course I'll be doing the 6.5 upgrade anyhow so I thought going with one of yours might save me some time and money. That and I think I'd rather have the older style like yours for a 6.5 clone rather than the new type.

Anyhow, maybe you could keep trying to selling yours locally, but if it doesn't pan out, please keep me in mind as an option should you decide you can ship.

Thanks
Tom
Cudaman, I'll keep you in mind if I decide to ship.

Thanks, Bill