New Gote

Yep looks to be a model P. Someone has done some mods to it. The gearing has been changed. This model would have came with a Salsbury driven clutch not the Climb-Away. But hey good score!

MEZ

also, i know that these things are made for torque, but how fast do these gotes go? or how fast does it look like this one will go... just wondering :shrug:

The gears have been changed on your model P. Originally, they would go about 15mph. This one could do 20 or 25mph with those gears. Theres more than the cover missing from your clutch. The springs and ball bearings are missing. The spring tab on the spider is broken.

I'm glad someone on here picked it up. I'm also glad I passed on it. It just looked like to much work for what the guy wanted. Good Luck with the gote.:thumbsup:

MEZ

i dont think itll be too bad, looks like most of it is there just need a new clutch... any suggestions on which one i need? How big is that briggs? i dont really know where to look on the engine... 8horse?

Also what year is this bike do yall think?

Ya i knew the tabs were broken on it, springs are there but no ball bearings.

Im gonna work on it this weekend and see if i can get it running and clean her up a bit

The original motor was 5 3/4 horse. The briggs 6, 7 and 8hp are the same size block. The clutch ball bearings are 7/8". I could find you a spider with good tabs and an outside cover. It's not good to weld on these spiders because it will weaken the weld to the 'Leadloy' core. If you go to a different clutch, I want your old parts. Send me a PM