New look for an old Bonanza wheel... Leave it or strip it??

125ccCrazy

I had a vision in my head for the Bonanza I'm building for my wife going with a 60's muscle car theme... I polished the lip of the wheel, painted the center matte grey simular to the Salt Flat wheels with a matte red stripe to simulate an old redline tire... The bike will be done in either Metal Spek blue or Bahama metallic blue with possibly a white rallye stripe on the fenders and the Fiberglass MX gas tank... The bike will probably be getting a Tecumseh OHH60 I rebuilt and painted the block wrinkle black, the recoil cover is getting a smoothed treatment by welding up non-essential holes and will be painted gloss black.... I'll be making a custom intake for it so I can use a 22mm mikuni and then some sort of custom header.... The bike will also have the 19" version MX seat..

Should I continue with the wheels as shown or strip them?? also do you think the tire pictured will look ok or should the bike get shorter tires?? The tire pictured is a 530/4.50-6

125ccCrazy

Looks good. How about a real hot rod look with bigs and littles. Big in back and little in front.
Thanks... I thought about that, maybe something a bit shorter on the front... I was also toying with the idea of an Old Blue Streak slick on the back and maybe a sawtooth on the front but I wasn't sure if those tires would look right with the mx seat and mx tank?

Thanks... I thought about that, maybe something a bit shorter on the front... I was also toying with the idea of an Old Blue Streak slick on the back and maybe a sawtooth on the front but I wasn't sure if those tires would look right with the mx seat and mx tank?
I'm pretty sure if you paint it blue with the white racing stripes on the tank and fenders, It would look really kool.

I'd go with it if you like it. Doesn't seem that you're doing anything permanent, and it's not like there isn't a billion Bonanzas out there already..

bandit 40

Randi, The polished edges will make the wheels stand out with the red paint. It looks really good and The muscle car theme as well will be an awesome look for the bonanza. I think your on to something here keep having your Visions:smile:

edwin

love the wheels as is. alot of good ideas were given. but why not ask the wife what she might like. after all its for her. so you say. lol.

125ccCrazy

Thanks everyone for the compliments and ideas.... These wheels are lightly pitted so the paint also hides some of the imperfections along with giving them a new look... I've always liked the Salt flat wheels and these are pretty close so I figured I'd go for that look and continue the 60's look with the paint scheme.... I should have taken pics of the bike as it was when I bought it and continued along with the progress.... It was rough when I got it, almost parted it out until I blasted the frame and looked beyond the carnage.. I'll post pics as I get going on it further...