New member, new minibike

Hey guys, new member here. I just purchased a '71 Hustler, also owning a '71 Roadster2 in pieces and a Roadster frame. My first minibike was a skat cat that my grandparents gave to me and my brother back in the early 80s. It was in very good shape with what I believe was the original HS25 TEC. Wish I still had that one! Saw one exactly like it on Ebay once down in FL, but the guy wouldn't ship :sadcrying4: . Anyway, looking forward to going through the posts here. The original HS40's on two of my Rupps are probably going to get rebuilt this winter, I've already started ordering parts not knowing whether any will be available in the future. Ordering spares, also.

Later, Tom.

I was lucky to find a Rupp in this part of the country, drove 2 hrs to pick up the Hustler, haven't seen many around here. The roadster2 is in pieces still because it was shipped from Wisconsin. I see a lot of vintage minibikes on Ebay, but they are mostly from the rust belt states or east of there. Never heard of a Rupp before a few years ago when I ran across the frame at a swap meet.

Tom.

tomsprops

I like the Rupps too ! I'm inSOCAL and they're few and far between out here .Take a look in my gallery to see mine from Mikesbikes !
Tomas do you still have your Gocart Mfg mini ? That's a sweet bike too !

Just for the history of Rupp's in California they came in very late in the game the Distributor for Rupp was Dee Engineering who is now Bug Pac the VW parts manufacture.
I took on the Rupp line in 1973 and that was just when they were coming out with the Mini cycle the RMT 80 & RMT 100 and the sales of the Hustler and the Roadster 2 were not that good because all the kids wanted the HONDA XR 75 and I sold the Indian SE 74 and the Rupp's, the Tarbo Hot Kat and a few Steen's mini cycles with the Hodaka Ace 100 engine. All the mini bikes with the industrial type engines were just sitting even the Powell's were hard to sell .
Steve :scooter: