Googling for info on Bonanza and found this site. Wow! Lot's of great information. I'm the original owner of the bike you see. Got it when I was about 12. Left for college and my dad gave it to the neighbor for his 2 boys. They moved and I thought I'd never see it again. Got married had 4 boys, then about 10 years later I get I call from that old neighbor offering to give the bike back to me. My boys rode it for a couple years and it's been sitting in my garage for the last 5 years unused.

Now I have 2 grandsons and I'm going to restore it, hence the search.

I thought I'd obviously start with the engine. don't know a thing about them but thought I'd learn as I go.

Regarding value, would it be better to try and keep all the original engine parts? Thought I might just buy a new carb. The engine is a HS40.

Anywoo, I was asked to provide an intro and this is it

Cheers,

Reed

welcom to the site,its great,so is your minibike,sometimes what gos around
comes around, its good to have you onboard, wayne:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Welcome. That's a nice bike. I would like to see the other side.:thumbsup:
I'd show you but right after taking the picture I took off the engine. It has all the bits and parts, all I believe still original.

I took off the carb and took it apart. Anyone know something better than kerosene to soak off the old varnish? I want to try a kit first before I spring for a new carb.

You could tryome e85 fuel the alcohol will loosen the varnish its similar to the alcohol used to thin shellac but use in well vented area like outside and dont't smoke wouldn't leave long term might corrode as alcohol draws water had good luck on the white water corrosion in carbs with alcohol carb spray won't cut some stuff good luck :thumbsup: