New York rides

I live in New York and was wondering if there were any rides or get-togethers in summer 2015 (I'm going to be 14 by then)
I have a 2009 FireHawk minibike and i'm going to get a torque converter soon.

I live in New York and was wondering if there were any rides or get-togethers in summer 2015 (I'm going to be 14 by then)
I have a house in Lake Placid. If you know of a good place to ride up there id bring a few bikes in summer.

I sold a bike to a guy last week who told me there is a motorcycle show in Batavia in the Spring--haven't had a chance to check it out yet but the would be close for both of us.If you find out anything please let me know---Bill.

I live in Western NY, an hour away from the falls... I'm not interested in races, just rides and get-togethers. My bike isn't fast at ALL. Max speed around 20, but i haven't taken the governer off yet, we'll see!

I was checking out some you tube videos on some NYC get togethers and races & would be up for heading to events. Im just outside Albany. Any events at tracks or drag races/ car shows? There's still some go cart and tracks around us but mostly motocross and car stuff. I'm new to this forum too. Thanks for any info.

trinik7597

welcome mini one :thumbsup: you are not that far north of me . there will be races and events in the spring . well worth the drive :thumbsup: we raced the go kart track at cuddiebackville last spring . i am sure if there is a track near you that would let us race we could put together an event :thumbsup: the more events the better

welcome mini one :thumbsup: you are not that far north of me . there will be races and events in the spring . well worth the drive :thumbsup: we raced the go kart track at cuddiebackville last spring . i am sure if there is a track near you that would let us race we could put together an event :thumbsup: the more events the better
I'd love to race at Cuddebackville. Are they doing this every spring?

trinik7597

i am sure if there was enough interest we could do it again :thumbsup: hotroded organized the last one you could always pm him and ask if he is doing it again :thumbsup: he probably plans on having some races on the island or in the bronx too

R

rustybike

I lived in south buffalo for about 15 years. Me and a friend would ride on the side of the train tracks that go from hamburg through Lackawanna and into buffalo. There were tons of places that connect to the tracks that you can ride. We always seen guys on dirt bikes, ATVs and minibikes. There is even a gas station right next to the tracks we would ride into and get gas. The tracks from hamburg to buffalo are not in service anymore so no trains going by.

I was gonna ask if you wanted to ride around but you're way too young. I'm in my twenties. But if you do ride down the tracks its a good idea to bring a knife and ride with a few friends. Its a really good idea to wear a ATV style helmet. I never have but I'm buying one this summer. Too many rocks and stuff that can mess you up if you crash without a full face helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not looking for a "big event" but if anyone wants to ride or get together some when the weather breaks I have a couple spots to ride in mind. I'm jonesing with my boys to do some riding. Also any "mini bike friendly trails in upstate NY around an hour or two from Albany whet the riding isn't
too chancey? Favorite places to hit? I'm thinking of checking

r4some Atv sites to find some trails where they don't get hasseled. I know in the past years the railroads have become tough as far as riding fire roads go. Its getting kind of built up where I live. MO