Newbie in Michigan

Hi everyone, I got the hankerin' to relive my childhood. I'm sure some one out there knows that feeling! I had what I think was some kind of bonanza 1400 and had a ball with it. Blue, with a tank, headlight, and brake lights. It might have been one of those bonanza with a hodaka engine at one time but mine had a tehcumsee. We also had a boonie bike in the family. Other interests include ham radio and the '55 chevy I've had for 44 years. My first car. I'm headed to Detroit on the 23rd for a baseball game and I see a meet near Ann Arbor on the 24th.....might have to take the truck instead of my wife's new Escape. Hmmm.

Welcome.

I spent some time in college when I was at Western Michigan University in Grand Haven and Muskegon, I really liked that area of the state.

And I think a lot of us are here to relive our childhoods!

Good luck,
Paul

tyleryamaha

Bonanza

Hi everyone, I got the hankerin' to relive my childhood. I'm sure some one out there knows that feeling! I had what I think was some kind of bonanza 1400 and had a ball with it. Blue, with a tank, headlight, and brake lights. It might have been one of those bonanza with a hodaka engine at one time but mine had a tehcumsee. We also had a boonie bike in the family. Other interests include ham radio and the '55 chevy I've had for 44 years. My first car. I'm headed to Detroit on the 23rd for a baseball game and I see a meet near Ann Arbor on the 24th.....might have to take the truck instead of my wife's new Escape. Hmmm.
Hey there 55... You lookin for a Bonanza 1400? get in touch with me Tyleryamaha

Oh boy, I did it now. My wife (of 18 mths) is not real happy with me. It seems I don't need any more toys or projects???? I was last married back in 1984 and since that time I have collected some...stuff. Before we recently were married; between our two homes we had about 4000 sq. ft. of living space, 6 stalls of garage space, and two big sheds. We bought our "together" house last fall. We have now downsized to 1600 sq. ft. of house, a 2 stall garage, and no sheds. It's been a process to say the least. I have collected over time the '55 chevy, the boat, the canoe, the '85 honda three wheeler, the mid 70's curtis quarter midget, brutus the snow blower, the riding lawn mower, and of course a fair amount of tools to work on all this ....stuff. We are in the early stages of building a second garage but Jean thinks it might be a little early to get into a new addiction. So I'm thinking a mini bike doesn't take THAT much room. I do see her point where a big project should maybe wait until the new garage is done but a guy has to start getting the parts together. Maybe a completed ride would be best. She has suggested possibly selling/trading one of my other toys to make room for a bonanza. Maybe the honda can go. It'll all work out.

welcome from sterling heights MI.....sounds like your wife and mine would get a long just fine..that honda will be hard to replace, it took me over a year to find one that wasnt priced out of this word....good luck.

It's official, I'm going to the Saline/Ann Arbor meet. Wife and I are going to the Tiger game on Saturday and rather than drive all that long way back home I suggested we just get out of Detroit and find a hotel room for the night. I just happened to choose the Ann Arbor area to stay in Saturday night:thumbsup: So we'll probably have to do the sleep-in and go to breakfast thing so we won't be first in line at the bike show. But I know I'm gonna eat fast and say "come on Jean let's GO" It looks like a possibility of rain but we're going with rain coats. Really looking forward to this.

Well Ham I would guess your 50 +/- ... Jean knew who you were when she married you ... I have been married 32 years and I know marriage is about give and take but I also know when you get older you tend to get set in your ways .. unless you made a commitment to thin the heard I would continue to do what I like as long as it isn't hurting anyone else in any way ... this may be the time for her to make the concession ...

If you want to ride with a group of "old men" we go out at least once a month and act like kids again.

Buy a mini, have fun!

My wife has her own mini and likes riding with us ... maybe Jean will like to try it!

Welcome from Allendale. I have a sister in ferrysburg, close to you. My dad also has a 1955 bel air two door hard top project that has been in the works for 20 years now. I would love for him to finish it someday!