Newbie with some clutch ?'s

Hello all, been readin on the site and thought I'd finally register! Well my question is regarding the comet clutch on my mb. It currently has a tec 5 horse with a tune pipe and no gov. i plan on upgrading to a pretty hot GX160 or 200 but want a clutch that can stand beside it. Tell me what yall think, and give me some ideas. Also, a GX series will go right in place of the tec thats in there right? nt

a GX should bolt right in. at most, you might have to space the rear wheel out to get the sprockets lined up.

stick with the Comet clutch unless you want to spend a lot on a disc clutch. they're generally $200+ and need to be tuned to work properly.

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
No disc clutch is needed, there strickly for racing.
The comet or better Max torque clutches are better suited for a stock motor. You can find them for around $25. A good bullet proof I like is the Premier stinger. It's pricey, but last forever. They can handle from stock 5hp to 25hp.

Hello all, been readin on the site and thought I'd finally register! Well my question is regarding the comet clutch on my mb. It currently has a tec 5 horse with a tune pipe and no gov. i plan on upgrading to a pretty hot GX160 or 200 but want a clutch that can stand beside it. Tell me what yall think, and give me some ideas. Also, a GX series will go right in place of the tec thats in there right? nt
try gokartsupply.com or gokartgalaxy.com. i have a 5hp briggs with the first clutch on gokartgalaxy.com and it works great. i ride through sand and dirt a lot too, with no troubles.

the guy there will sell you a clutch and chain for 43 bucks + shipping. if you only have a 5hp, i would go this route! he also has many other choices and fair pricing. he has clutches that handle up to 25hp. he also sells keys for 25 cents a piece instead of 4 bucks a piece like on the website listed above (comet sales)

good luck mate! :asshole: haha, they have some funny icons on this site.