nice tow truck

Whats the sense in owning a truck if you cant use it to haul .....stuff. :shrug:

Never would have been stopped if he had the required "red flag" on the back to warn others of the load hanging over.

Shoot, I dont need no tow truck....I gots a truck.

Looks like a scrapper needs to learn how to break a load down a bit.

:lol: thats some funny pics there.

Last edited:
As a guy who's towed about 25,000 cars in my lifetime, I've done and seen some pretty crazy :censure:....

This tops the list however.....

As a sometime scrapper I see some trucks at the scrapyard that you absolutely cannot figure out how they got there, loaded far past any safe level and then loaded down even more like some third world stuff. And it's a miracle the cops didn't impound on the way there for a dozen safety violations or more including toxic waste with some of the stuff they drag down there.:eek:ut:

I've even seen passenger cars with water heaters sticking out every window and a dozen jammed into a lidless trunk etc. but this car balanced then overzelously strapped to the poor truck is just plain crazy! Awesome pic and I can tell you that if he were in OKC and the cops or county boys saw em they would pull him over and impound both vehicles and call the news networks. I would then have the option of buying both for parts and scrap at the impound sale.:laugh:

Reminds me of the time I was in a VW and changed lanes and tried to pass a friend of mine who was in a pick up truck, ahead of me. That was the last time I could ever talk him into towing me in any of my old cars with a chain:smile:. True Story- late 1976 or early 77. Tim.

Oldsalt

We overloaded one today. Moving machines into the new hobby shop entailed loading the pictured Swiss Jig Borer [which weighs at least 5000lbs, maybe 6500lbs] onto a 3/4 ton pick-up. Note the squashed tire on the fork truck. Even it is overloaded. The tire on the other side is about to run over the chain that lashes the machine to the mast. Yes, forward motion suddenly stopped when the chain got taunt. Squatted the truck and bulged the rear tires. So my eldest son [the guy driving the lift truck] pumped up the rear tires to 80 PSI. That made it look a little better. The last two miles is over a primitive road. Never saw a lawman and got away with it. It looked pretty bad but not as bad as the guy hauling a complete car in his small pick-up.

Last edited:
We overloaded one today. Moving machines into the new hobby shop entailed loading the pictured Swiss Jig Borer [which weighs at least 5000lbs, maybe 6500lbs] onto a 3/4 ton pick-up. Note the squashed tire on the fork truck. Even it is overloaded. The tire on the other side is about to run over the chain that lashes the machine to the mast. Yes, forward motion suddenly stopped when the chain got taunt. Squatted the truck and bulged the rear tires. So my eldest son [the guy driving the lift truck] pumped up the rear tires to 80 PSI. That made it look a little better. The last two miles is over a primitive road. Never saw a lawman and got away with it. It looked pretty bad but not as bad as the guy hauling a complete car in his small pick-up.
Still the old Chevy had to have suffered some. That's a bunch of weight for any truck, I'd be afraid to put it on my metal floor car hauler for fear of warping the deck! Yeah I bet it did look silly but the car in the truck is hard to top.:laugh: