Nitrous Oxide on 5hp honda

Nobody has yet posted results using the pocketbike 16 gram nitrous oxide kit, so i ordered one a few days ago and will post results when it arrives and gets installed.

MDB I have seen your youtube vids and in no way do you look slow, to me it looks like your bike would blow by the nitrous one like its standing still. plus it doesnt sound like the motor is reving out. I know when you put nitrous on I dirtbike it revs to the moon

so i tried the kit yesterday, and i think my engine is wrecked. I was going up a 7% grade at about 25 mph, hit the nitrous and the minibike had a very large gain in power and speed for about a second and a half until it started to putter and slow down, it came to a stop having very little throttle response, puttered for a few more seconds and cut. i tried restarting it but its jammed. it does turn over because i rotated the actual flywheel but it only goes about a rotation and a half before it hits a stop. havent had time to dissasemble the engine yet, i just have it taken off the bike. advice? ideas about what happened? i think theres a piece of metal in the crankcase somewhere stopping rotation, it probably sheared off of something from the very high rpms (gov removed+nos)

did you rejet your bike up a few sizes? Nitrous requires more fuel, It probably smoked your rings or broke one? did it backfire alot?

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I don't like to play with that stuff. You have to make sure you do a lot of research first before just bolting up something claimed to make extra power.

I can't say what the problem is, but what ever it is it's bad. Just open the motor up, and get all the guessing out of the way. If you took the time to hook a nitrous unit you should have time to open it up.

What kind of engine was this used on?

I'm surprised it would be enough nitrous to even do anything. But going up a hill, hitting and hitting the nitrous without adding any more fuel is about the worst case scenario I can think of. Also with nitrous you need to run higher octane fuel. If your running a cast piston it may be broke. Or could have just been over revved and broke the rod.

At any rate open up the engine and post some pics!

Jordon

125ccCrazy

I can't believe what people pay for those "kits".... all it is, is a handheld co2 bike pump with a section of refrigerator water line and some brass fittings, there is ABSOLUTLEY No jetting, just Blast!!!........ If you want to make a kit I'd suggest getting real Nitrous jets starting with maybe a #10 and set it up right... Better yet get a small nos kit like a sneeky pete or Incognito and make a wet system out of it with a small elect fuel pump, solenoid, Y nozzle ect.....

This bike was probably already on the lean side and the nitrous just leaned it more...

QUOTE=speedracer831;115077] i think theres a piece of metal in the crankcase somewhere stopping rotation, it probably sheared off of something from the very high rpms (gov removed+nos)[/QUOTE]

probably the rod

Last edited:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
I can't believe what people pay for those "kits".... all it is, is a handheld co2 bike pump with a section of refrigerator water line and some brass fittings, there is ABSOLUTLEY No jetting, just Blast!!!........ If you want to make a kit I'd suggest getting real Nitrous jets starting with maybe a #10 and set it up right... Better yet get a small nos kit like a sneeky pete or Incognito and make a wet system out of it with a small elect fuel pump, solenoid, Y nozzle ect.....

This bike was probably already on the lean side and the nitrous just leaned it more...

QUOTE=speedracer831;115077] i think theres a piece of metal in the crankcase somewhere stopping rotation, it probably sheared off of something from the very high rpms (gov removed+nos)
probably the rod[/QUOTE]

Yeah they spend all that time and money, but don't want to buy a billet rod. :eek:ut:

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
Damn that bike in that video is stupid slow......and if it has nitrous on it, thats weak as hell.......
Well the motor in the video was pretty much stock with only a nitrous unit on it. It's a stock gx390 like your chopper use to be.

Now he has the 1.3 raceseng roller rockers, cam, etc.

He posts on 4 cycle sometimes.

I actaully couldn't say it slow because most of the guys here motor is the same way, but they only have 6.5hp motors. So they really wouldn't look to fast.

well i was opening it up with a buddy today but there are a lot of stripped bolts for some reason so opening it is basically infeasible without a lot more work that i want to do. rip my little gc160. im getting an 8hp rotary engine from that buddy so ill just put that on. i assume the rpm was up past 7000.

Well the motor in the video was pretty much stock with only a nitrous unit on it. It's a stock gx390 like your chopper use to be.

Now he has the 1.3 raceseng roller rockers, cam, etc.

He posts on 4 cycle sometimes.

I actaully couldn't say it slow because most of the guys here motor is the same way, but they only have 6.5hp motors. So they really wouldn't look to fast.
Damn thats a 390, choppers way faster then that without the juice, come on man u can just see it. :thumbdown: