No More Taco Covers

I got a message from Joe on Ebay about him owning the TM on the covers, and asking me to not sell them.

Now I would disagree on this for the US Trademark Serial Number 76279942 Registration Number 2125413 the TM submitted was a Man on Mini Bike wearing what the trademark office callls a 10gal cowboy hat and Taco then Mini Bike under it. It is the combination of these items that make the trade mark, not just Taco.

But im not going to make a issue of this and as a person I like Joe I think he is a good guy and he does love his Taco's and out of respect for Joe I will not be selling any more Taco Covers.

Thank You Jeff Clark

45t

That stinks. :confused:

From what I see you do great work and it stinks to see the TM issue come up again when it comes to parts that are hard to find. If your not making/selling them, who is? I wonder if he has a vendor that is supplying the same cover that he has approved them to use the TM logo?

I got a message from Joe on Ebay about him owning the TM on the covers, and asking me to not sell them.

Now I would disagree on this for the US Trademark Serial Number 76279942 Registration Number 2125413 the TM submitted was a Man on Mini Bike wearing what the trademark office callls a 10gal cowboy hat and Taco then Mini Bike under it. It is the combination of these items that make the trade mark, not just Taco.

But im not going to make a issue of this and as a person I like Joe I think he is a good guy and he does love his Taco's and out of respect for Joe I will not be selling any more Taco Covers.

Thank You Jeff Clark

:eek:hmy:

Man, that's shame Jeff, sorry to hear that. :sadcrying4:

Your skills are second to none judging by the Cat cover I got from you. :thumbsup:

Bob

Change the cover then.

Put Clark on it.

I don't even own a Taco but I thould be inclined to buy a Clark cover just to spite the man.
Maybe I can figuere out later how to fit it too a Baja lol.

I kinda figured it was a matter of time since the new repop bikes are coming out. Bummer Jeff..your covers looked spot on and very nice:thumbsup:

I was happy to supply parts when Joe did not, Im glad to see him make another attempt at Taco and looks like it is heading in the right direction Joe started Taco in the worst of economical times and it was a hard time for all of us, now things are better and they are back again. My best wishes to Joe and Taco :thumbsup:

Last edited:

markus

A "Clark MFG" would be pretty cool:thumbsup: Speaking of those style covers, anyone have one they hold up against a west bend 580/700? I'm sure some :grind: is involved but I am wondering if I could make one fit (never seen one up close)????

Maybe you could sell them to Joe? He could offer them with the bikes or separate? Seems a shame to let all of your hard work and Joe's go to waste when they compliment each other.

A "Clark MFG" would be pretty cool:thumbsup: Speaking of those style covers, anyone have one they hold up against a west bend 580/700? I'm sure some :grind: is involved but I am wondering if I could make one fit (never seen one up close)????
The early cover would look good on a WB

You handled it correctly Jeff :thumbsup:

With your talent, there are alot of parts out there that are not around any more :shrug: that you can repop without any legal issues :doah: I look forward to seeing some new offerings from you!

BC1500 DAVE :thumbsup:

Thank You Jeff Clark
I have learned from the past that if I don't jump on things immediately, then things here on OldMiniBikes tend to get out of control and far from the truth. I asked Jeff to stop using the Taco Logo on the covers, he can continue to make all the covers he wants. I have no problem with that. The fact is the Logo TACO in its known font is TM protected. I bought it and own it. I can't stop and have no desire of policing anyone from making parts that fit Taco's, all I ask is that you don't call them a Taco part or have my logo on them, but rather a part that fits Taco's. It may be splitting hairs to most people but that is what both USPTO and my attorney who helped me with my pruchased told me to do.
I have been making and selling these same parts for years, everyone knows that. Jeff if you wish to continue making covers please don't let me stop you, just don't mislead people by using the Taco logo. I don't imaine that Edlebrock would care for you casting Valve covers with their name in their script on it and selling them. I see this as the same. They could care less if you cast a high quality cover and sold them without their name. Again this is how I see it.
Not expecting to have agreement on the matter, just understanding.

Joe

I have learned from the past that if I don't jump on things immediately, then things here on OldMiniBikes tend to get out of control and far from the truth. I asked Jeff to stop using the Taco Logo on the covers, he can continue to make all the covers he wants. I have no problem with that. The fact is the Logo TACO in its known font is TM protected. I bought it and own it. I can't stop and have no desire of policing anyone from making parts that fit Taco's, all I ask is that you don't call them a Taco part or have my logo on them, but rather a part that fits Taco's. It may be splitting hairs to most people but that is what both USPTO and my attorney who helped me with my pruchased told me to do.
I have been making and selling these same parts for years, everyone knows that. Jeff if you wish to continue making covers please don't let me stop you, just don't mislead people by using the Taco logo. I don't imaine that Edlebrock would care for you casting Valve covers with their name in their script on it and selling them. I see this as the same. They could care less if you cast a high quality cover and sold them without their name. Again this is how I see it.
Not expecting to have agreement on the matter, just understanding.

Joe
Again, you guys both work hard to make this hobby what it is. I say if you're gonna offer the repro Taco kits why not complete it with a cover from Jeff if he's willing? Icing on the cake!

45t

Again, you guys both work hard to make this hobby what it is. I say if you're gonna offer the repro Taco kits why not complete it with a cover from Jeff if he's willing? Icing on the cake!
I agree! Team up and offer the clutch covers as an add on option to buyers of the Taco bike kits.