NOS Briggs Carb

pretty sure it will fit up to a 5 hp

bought it for a 3 hp project and it has never been used

as is...

I have two of them and will be open for a deal on both

$50. each incl shipping

Last edited:
That is a small flowjet. Should fit 3hp to 5hp briggs. Never seen one with the flow meter to monitor air cleaner flow. They usually have the plastic choke lever, that one looks metal. Very fine Carb.

flowjet

That is a small flowjet. Should fit 3hp to 5hp briggs. Never seen one with the flow meter to monitor air cleaner flow. They usually have the plastic choke lever, that one looks metal. Very fine Carb.
Thanks Richard....I checked out the choke lever and its plastic good call on the carb info!:thumbsup:

I bought two of the same carbs from the same seller I'd bet. Douglas wheel on Ebay, they are a spin off of Bad Daug and are selling them as new or NOS. Mine were used but lightly, the air cleaner base is not factory and the lid has a hole for what I'd guess was a tube. I had bought one at first and complained when it came that it was not as advertised and told em if they sent me another for $35 shipped I could get past the fact, they did it and I'm happy!

$50 shipped is a steal on these carbs as a new one without the intake or air cleaner is $100 or more, I like the flojets and there is a site that gives you a step by step tutorial on how to rebuild em should they need it!

Good luck on your sale, they should'nt last long!:thumbsup:

gbones

that does look like a nice carb and price. i bought 1 last december from ebay for my 5hp B&S, not in the greatest shape:sad:. but i figured a rebuild kit would work, still need to buy a kit. i did mount it on my B&S and tried to start it but i heard a nasty screech coming from in side the engine so i stopped pulling and noticed gas dripping from the brass looking plug on the bottom. i had put in a billet rod so im figuring the screech is coming from there:doah: it will be something for me to do this winter and hopefully have the 5hp B&S running with this card, I HOPE:shrug:

You can fix yours gbones, you just need to check the recoil ratchet and oil it inside a bit. You'll shear a flywheel key if it locks up!

Last edited:

george3

them carbs are for a 5HP briggs. but will work on the 3HP as well. the aircleaner hole was for a heater box. just turn it inward and use a wide piece of black tape. If they leak just pull the bowl and clean with carb. cleaner, the float jet is just sticking. well worth the 50.00