OldMiniBikes members beware (Another Ripp off Crook) JAMES TRENT -Kings Port Tennesee

Robertt8883

Just a word of warning, Well its happened again but this time alot of $$$ involved,The buyer or seller names is James Trent who lives in Kingsport Tennesee.
He is a full blown scammer. As usual I use Paypal I sent the money several times (As A Friend) Big mistake I purchased 2 bikes a Rupp TT-500 and a Bonanza
BC-1200, From the pictures I received they both looked mint.I also purchased a bunch of additional parts. It took a month after I paid to receive the bikes right off the bat saw damaged parts and parts missing.I contacted him immediately ,He blamed the USHIP driver (A Girl) but said he would take care of it, its going ons 3 months,I haven't received a thing.I also haven't received any parts I paid for.He also purchased a Lil Indian that was on Ebay the one with the Gold Motor.I recently contacted that seller through ebay to get some original pics of that bike.The seller told me that James also burned him for the $1500, James went return calls or messages.So now I am forced to file charges against him. He is a Con Man and a Crook.I have all the proof in case I need it to move forward.His phone # that he uses is 423-429-4299. If your selling anything he will call or text you, to set you up. Be Careful.

Robertt8883

UpDate,since I posted this warning 2 hours ago. Two people came forward and said the same exact thing happened to them One on the Lil Indian that was on Ebay,He never got paid the $1500 for the bike, The 2nd person Kevin B from California purchased a E code motor for $1000 same situation. I hope this post brings people forward to prosecute this low life.He is using Ebay to find his prey.

Just a word of warning, Well its happened again but this time alot of $$$ involved,The buyer or seller names is James Trent who lives in Kingsport Tennesee.
He is a full blown scammer. As usual I use Paypal I sent the money several times (As A Friend) Big mistake I purchased 2 bikes a Rupp TT-500 and a Bonanza
BC-1200, From the pictures I received they both looked mint.I also purchased a bunch of additional parts. It took a month after I paid to receive the bikes right off the bat saw damaged parts and parts missing.I contacted him immediately ,He blamed the USHIP driver (A Girl) but said he would take care of it, its going ons 3 months,I haven't received a thing.I also haven't received any parts I paid for.He also purchased a Lil Indian that was on Ebay the one with the Gold Motor.I recently contacted that seller through ebay to get some original pics of that bike.The seller told me that James also burned him for the $1500, James went return calls or messages.So now I am forced to file charges against him. He is a Con Man and a Crook.I have all the proof in case I need it to move forward.His phone # that he uses is 423-429-4299. If your selling anything he will call or text you, to set you up. Be Careful.
Were the bikes Ok?
And did that eBay seller let that Indian go before he had the money?

Robertt8883

No Both bikes were damaged and had missing major parts that I purchased, He obviously took some of the good stuff off and either replaced it with junk or clearly stole the original parts.I just spoke to the guy Kevin from Ca that bought the E Code motor and he got a cracked block,The James Trent guy stopped all conversations with him, The guy that was selling the lil Indian on Ebay not too long ago.The auction ended no one winning the Bid.James contacted him fed him a line of Bullshit, The Seller sent the bike and never got paid.I just spoke to KINBGSPORT Police Dept they are putting something together.If you go on Facebook it says he owns Top Line Construction located in 3316 Wattereson Street Apt 83 Kingsport TN 37660 (423) 429 4299.Anyone that has additional information it will help catch and stop this guy.He always gives an excuse saying he is out of town he will take care of this when he returns,Thats one way how he buys his time

FunWithStuff

His username on eBay is jametren_3 if anyone's wondering. Here's a link for his account:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/jametren_3

I've actually done business with him but it was as a seller. He purchased a part from me on eBay and surprisingly he did not scam me it was a smooth transaction but when I saw this thread I recognized the name and location. Sad to find out he's a scammer I hope the part he bought from me hasn't been used to scam others!

Thepaetsguy

please keep this thread updated But if this is another international scout page Style scammer then i’m sorry but the police who told you there putting something together lied... at least 8k was taken from members on the scout page. The people who were scammed swore up and down the police were gonna do something.. eventually the police did nothing.. I’m sure there all on the board still swearing up and down the Police will get him...

Robertt8883

Well I think your wrong on saying the Police will not do anything about it.I was contacted by the KingsPort Police Dept last night. He asked
alot of questions. He also wanted specific paperwork that I was able to get and send to him.

Robertt8883

Were the bikes Ok?
And did that eBay seller let that Indian go before he had the money?
Yes he released the bike ahead of Payment.The Ebay seller on the Lil Indian let his listing expire and did not resist the bike. James Trent contacted him thru Ebay. James told the seller the lil indian was worth way more than $1500 then offered the seller $2500.Some how James convinced the seller to send the bike to him in KingsPort.

I hate to say this but If that guy sent the bike without the money in his hads, or account, it's on him. It's horrible I know... many people have a good heart...and others use that against them...The police won't legally be able to help him..

Well I guess technically it’s a form of fraud/deception…depending on your prosecutor you could have a case….

promise to pay sort of thing….could even get him under contractual law depending on state code….here anything thst can be preformed in under a year can be an enforceable verbal contract…but it would probably cost you more in attorney fees than it’s worth…other than principle…

and you don’t need cops

Robertt8883

I am trying to give everyone updated info on this case about James Trent in KingsPort Tennessee as it comes in to me. I Just got a 3rd phone call
from the Kingsport PD and they said that they are bringing in the FBI into this case because he is Obtaining money over State line and thats
called Federal Wire Fraud. So if anyone on this Forum has had the same thing happened to them with James and can back it up with proof please contact me, So I can send it to were I was told.

Thepaetsguy

I am trying to give everyone updated info on this case about James Trent in KingsPort Tennessee as it comes in to me. I Just got a 3rd phone call
from the Kingsport PD and they said that they are bringing in the FBI into this case because he is Obtaining money over State line and thats
called Federal Wire Fraud. So if anyone on this Forum has had the same thing happened to them with James and can back it up with proof please contact me, So I can send it to were I was told.
I’ll stay hopeful this leads to an outcome you ans others can be happy with. I just think there is sooooo many scammers that by now there is a process it gets “investigated” and that’s it. I remember A pittsburgh woman getting took for over 20k in giftcards.. she did not get it back.

Robertt8883

This Guy James Trent from Kingsport Tennesee is still around and doing business,I did my part with the Kingsport Police .They filed a report and said it was passed onto the Federal level because its a Felony of how he was obtaining money,Several people from OldMiniBikes members and Ebay members also came forward. Updated August -29th-2023

Well the BIG RED Flag was his feedback. No Buyer feedback, Nada.
Only People that He has have purchased from him. Hmmmmm

I .E. -
Fast payer,
Thank you for your payment,
quick response .....etc. PLUS Much more !!!

Gotta look at that stuff when going for it.
Check it out for yourself as with all purchases off Ebay on that.
118 positive feedback......Yeah.....all from him thanking those that were fleeced of the cash.

No Buyer feedback !!!!!

RUN A WAY People !!!

https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/jametren_3?user_context=BUYER

Last edited: