Original DB30 seat suspension question

As anyone who rides a DB30 off road knows, the ride is pretty rough and does a number on your back after riding for a while. So I have been searching through the forum for people who have added seat springs to their doodlebugs and it doesn't seem like its a very popular modification. I don't really want to get into cutting the forks/rear end and adding suspension and replacing the seat or re-foaming it doesn't seem like it would help as much as I'd prefer so I want to go with seat springs. I found a pair of 3'' solo seat springs for motorcycles for 10$ that I will mount to the back of the seat and a hinge for the front.

If I use these springs obviously my ride height will increase approx. 2'' when springs are compressed therefore I would increase the front of the seat equally for a level seating position :hammer:. So my question is, will this increase in height make the bikes handling significantly worse or unstable?? I'm hoping someone out there has attempted this mod before and could give me some feedback, would love to give my back a break!:scooter:

Chipper copied jdogg.
Two great builds.
I have been on Chippers and it is a great improvement over rigid.
Yeah I'm thinking that style suspension will be my plan B, I figure if I try something cheap first and it doesn't work at least I learned something, and if it does work, well that's even better. Either way Ill post the results and some pics once they arrive next week. Thanks for the good references and nice bike!

Thanks Buck , Briggsnstratrod , the mono shock seat mount is a little work but it's sweet !! and those are PW-80 Yamaha forks on the front !
Nice I definitely like your guys setup better but did mounting that mono shock require cutting and/or welding or did you utilize part of the frame?

you can look at my 2015 open class build off , Flymingo DB , yes it takes a bit of fabrication , and welding to the frame , no cutting of frame !

Finally got the springs delivered and used some strut I had laying around the garage for the hinge and despite looking a little crude, I couldn't be happier with the result. I mounted the springs on the existing seat mount and it seems to be at the perfect spot to not make the springs too stiff or too soft. I'll probably try to refabricate the hinge to look a little better but hey ill take it for now, especially for only spending 10$ lol.
0820151448.jpg 0820151449.jpg 0820151451.jpg