Owosso Explorer Trike for Sale-Michigan

I figured I would give someone a shot on this forum before It goes on Fee Bay. This is a very complete and mostly original 3 wheeler. It came from the factory with everything it needed to be street legal and it has a plate on it right now. It has a 8 horse engine that runs good with a new battery and belt. The lights all work but the horn does not. The body is in pretty nice original condition. One tire goes flat after a little while. The only real issue is the spring on the secondary clutch broke so I had to get a new one but haven't put it on yet. I was just going to buy a comet replacement. I did have it running and driving and it was fun. It just needs some small tlc. I'm not shipping this so It would have to be someone close by in Michigan who wants it. I don't have time to deal with shipping. I figured I would start out by asking $500. Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Do you have the title? With a title that would be the coolest ride in town!!! Just the title would be worth that asking price. Thanks for the info, that is really in nice complete shape! :biggrin::thumbsup:

Last edited:
You Know, I don't have the title but I can probably get one. It has a serial number and I have got many lost titles before from the Secretary of State for cars and motorcycles. There is a form they have you fill out and all you need is the VIN so I'm guessing the serial number would work. It's cool because it has the plate on it from the original owner and it is a 1974 plate with 1975 stickers on it. So I'm guessing it wasn't used for too long. And I just put the clutch back on and it seems to be back in business.

wildman 500,you shuld pm him your from the same state you could save
him the work with DOT never hurts to ask the man!
:smile:
I did already, no response. the trike is on craigslist right now. I emailed him and he asked if I had some interesting trades. I said no I have cash. Havent heard back from him.

He said emailing was better for him because his time is limited. I thought a regular phone conversation would be pretty quick rather than emailing back and forth, that takes time right there.

I even sent another email asking if he was not willing to accept cash to let me know so that I could move on, and still no reply.

Welcome to my world. I found 2 since this one. That 700$ gold one on cl is way over priced imho. I got my street legal ine for much much much much less. Getting a title is no real problem. Already talked to em bout it. Theres a difference between em. Serial numbers for one.

Also...for rare.. I found 5 in 4 weeks....

Last edited:
Welcome to my world. I found 2 since this one. That 700$ gold one on cl is way over priced imho. I got my street legal ine for much much much much less. Getting a title is no real problem. Already talked to em bout it. Theres a difference between em. Serial numbers for one.

Also...for rare.. I found 5 in 4 weeks....
yeah I talked to the guy about gold 1. But the blue 1 is on there too. type in owosso trike it will come up in annarbor.

I just got the same one yesterday with no engine or touqe converter setup but i made traded for it and in the end he gave me 100 bucks and the trike. I am so happy. it looks just like the one in the pic just no engine. could of sworn that is the same licence plate too. i will check and see how close the licence is and will post some pics later.:drinkup: