Perfomance built Hemi Predator project

this motor is going on another project, in another thread... but thought Id post a thread on it specifically, as alot of people prob wont realize what all is going into that "cruiser project", or may not like taco 22 style bikes.. hoping to have the motor dyno'd if i can find someone to do this locally... when done... pretty far along and I will post more detailed info on the build at a later time.. but here we go...

short block, fully braced... gas ported piston... Brad Hill Performance built hemi head (welded, race ported, comp springs, big valve, custom billet roller rockers 1.2s) custom cam, misc billet and chromoly parts, pieces...

gonna have to do something with this intake, to get it closer to the porting on the head... lol... the carb side matches fine, as that side is bigger already... may change the length of the intake too, but going to make new flanges and do this on the dyno... with different length hose and if it makes a difference, can weld tubing and make it nice in the end... gettin some opinions on this... and this is not critical, as i dont intend to "race" this motor :)... it is not critical for me to squeeze every bit o power out of this, especially if that will sacrifice any "ride-ability"...

also wanted to make it a little easier and cleaner to change the oil...

had to do a bit of clearancing for this to fit in nicely...

but got it in there, with proper clearance... cam was hittin and was sticking out past the side of the motor

and got the side cover on... honda gx200 billet dual bearing sidecover, fits the hemi... does not fit with studs! used blue loctite on the allen bolts, had an issue with them on a previous motor... torqued a little more than stock...

first time trying to port match myself (I wanted to ask my friend JD to take care of it for me, cause i want it done right)... but got some encouragement from JD to do it! gotta start somewhere and it honestly isnt that big of a deal... ill get better the more i do... started off by shaping the gasket to the head, so that i could get the intake as close as possible (for me) off the head...

the transferred the shape to the intake...

broke out the dremel... which is hard to work with when you are in pain and shaking, but did the best i could with it... lol... skimmed across the flange a couple times, but no big deal...

hey G , what exactly is the pan in the block for ? the head and rockers are crazy looks like he basically filled in the whole chamber !! in case I missed it what cam are you running in this

flange took a beating...

scratches look worse than what they were... sanding block and some 320

wanted to do the rest "by hand"...

inside of course not the flange

Last edited:
hey G , what exactly is the pan in the block for ? the head and rockers are crazy looks like he basically filled in the whole chamber !! in case I missed it what cam are you running in this
the pan is a windage tray, may not do much for this application, but since i have them, thought i would use one... cam is a custom grind (isky)... ill have to look and see exactly.. ordered a while ago for this motor.. but ill get back to you on that...