Pic of my milled head (took .055 off)

I took my head to my friend's house tonight and had him mill .055 off. It turned out pretty nice. I will polish the chamber one more time before installing. Can anyone advise whether or not I can use the original head gasket again? The engine has never had gas or oil in it before it was torn down to the case.

edwin

its always better to use a new one obviously, but if you cant wait, i would at least go to the local auto parts store and pick up some copper coat and spray both sides of the gasket and let it tack up for like 5 mins and then install for added insurance. thats what i do with no problems what so ever.
im usually to impatient to wait to get a new one. i want it and i want it now!!!!!

minidragbike

Supporting Speed Nut!
The original gasket is thin metal, and made to be re-used. If the motor is new, then yes you can just take it apart, and put it back together with the same gaskets. Now if your start blowing the head gasket, which usually doesn't happen until your fully modified. Then you gonna maybe have to change the gasket out for a copper gasket, and start using different sealers on it.

The original gasket is thin metal, and made to be re-used. If the motor is new, then yes you can just take it apart, and put it back together with the same gaskets. Now if your start blowing the head gasket, which usually doesn't happen until your fully modified. Then you gonna maybe have to change the gasket out for a copper gasket, and start using different sealers on it.
I am willing to buy new gaskets if it that is what is recommended. Where can I get the copper gaskets, what is the part number, and what type of sealer would be best to make sure I get a good seal? The only sealer that I have used in the past was Permatex gasket maker (red and black). I think the red can withstand 650 degree temps.