Picked up a Rupp Roadster today

capguncowboy

Last night, I saw an ad for a $50 mini bike. I always call about these, because they'll sometimes lead to some good buys. The guy said he was talking to a buyer right then but would call me if the guy didn't take it.

Today, I got a text message from a different guy asking if I wanted to buy a Rupp Roadster. From pictures, it didn't look like it was in the best condition, so I told him I'd have to look at. I went to his house and there it was. A complete bike. The only thing missing is the tail light cover and the breather. I really couldn't find anything wrong with it besides the rust. I didn't want to offend the guy, but I offered him what I thought was a low offer, but not so low that he'd tell me to f--- off. He didn't even counter-offer. We shook on it and he offered to deliver it for me for free.

As we were loading it I asked if he'd had it long. "Nope, bought it last night". I saw the Honda sticker on the tank and knew immediately what had just happened. He bought it for $50 just moments before I did. Honestly, I don't mind. It's still a heck of a deal.

The first thing I did was start going over it with some cleaner to see how well it would shine up. With the exception of the front wheel, it's really shining up nicely. The clutch cover is here, I had just taken it off to check the torque converter before I offered him anything for it. The best part is -- It has a kickstarter! F#!$ yeah!

capguncowboy

The first thing the guy did when I started looking at the bike was talk about how much the parts are worth on Ebay. I told him if he was expecting Ebay prices for the bike, that I was the wrong guy. He had done his homework, but he didn't seem to want to go through the hassle of parting it out. I wish I had started lower, but in the end, he made some money, and I got an awesome bike for a great price.