Powder Coating is it tough enough ??

Well I have seen some nice Go Power wheels powder coated gold and other parts done that look real nice. But is it tough enough for a non show action bike on that will hit the trail ?? Is custom powder coating better that some of the run of the mill products that claim to be powder coated ?
If you had the wheels done that are steel one piece wheels is the tire mounting going to take off the finish ? and is there a way to prevent damage if so ?
And if the sprocket and brake drum is powder coated would you have to machine off the coating where the brake shoes make contact ? Would Chrome or nickel plating be better for the for the brake & Sprocket drum ?
Want some good looking parts but just asking for some help from people who have done some of these things.
Steve :scooter:

i was thinking about powder coating my frame and people said it would get chipped from rocks and stuff.

i decided to use spray on bedliner instead. i've done my wheels and sprocket so far and i actually really like how it looks.

One piece rims could get scratched when tires are instaled but you could touch up the small lip. Brake drum would have to be masked before spray and bake. The finish is thick and tough but still can be scratched and chipped but way less that rattle can My manco was dinged up pretty bad after being used on trails for awhile.