Powell 3867 d restore

Well today i got the paint done , everything was soapy wet sanded with 600 . And then started applying the clear coat have about 7 coats on each piece . One thing 8oz cans go quick and probably have 60 dollars of clear sprayed on the pieces . I know a have at least 120 dollars in this paint job . And not to blow my own horn but the photos do not do the paint justice , the more clear the wetter and deeper it looks .

buckeye

Deeeeeeeeeep paint.

I agree, those tins look fantastic. Can ya share what color and type of paint you used on them. I have a copper Briggs that needs painting.

Deeeeeeeeeep paint.

I agree, those tins look fantastic. Can ya share what color and type of paint you used on them. I have a copper Briggs that needs painting.
Buck i talked to my client and he said it would be ok . The paint is duplicolor perfect match bns0503 orange mist met , the sh-t is 6.99 for 8oz . Its is also lacquer base paint so you can lay coat after coat and not screw it up . But it can be costly i have about 130 dollars in paint for the frame and engine tins , with the clear the more i put on the deeper it looked so i bought more . But i'am not paying so what the hell .

Thanks, I guess I won't be using that. Medicine don't pay as well as Dentistry.:laugh:

Hey Buckeye, I want you to know that David has mis-interpreted my comment to him that he has an "Open Budget, just make them pretty." I think I need to add some numbers to that sentence. In all seriousness, I haven't seen the paint up close yet, but the pics do look great. I'm heading back over to David's Memorial Day weekend. Looking forward to seeing the work up close.

Jesse

Well got a little done today , installed swing arm bearings and swing are . also got to start putting the motor back together , got flywheel painted and installed and started bolting engine tin on, put top tin on the one that the head bolts go though and they cracked the paint around the holes . So got stainless washers to help but you could still see it , so had to paint it again . I found a run in the pull start cover so have to sand and reclear it . Would have done more but got a lot done on the super powell also .