Predator 212 - Cam Replacement

I'm about to get started on my 212 overhaul, installing a billet flywheel, rod, and heavy springs, but i need to ask the question...

Is it recommended to replace the cam as well? I think the non-hemi has a plastic cam wheel. I havent read anything akin to the recommendations that the rod and flywheel get.

Depending on which eng.you have 68120.69730 new or early, 60363 A Mod 2 from Dyno will probably do what you want Have It ground 4* advanced and its a torque monster Actually I have a brand new extra one here for all engs.EXCEPT HEMI And I'm in CT also have Champion rockers + more PM me Please :thumbsup:

I don't know why you wouldn't swap cams while you're in there. It's the one part that makes it the most power. Rave reviews on the Black Mamba jr. I went with the mod 2. Next time I open the case I'm thinking of trying the Mamba.

For $23. check out the champion rockers. Stock rockers seem sloppy and a weak link

I was really planning on doing it anyway. Relatively cheap swap anyway. I just didnt know if they had the possibility of catastrophic failure like the flywheel and rod. It's not a large scale item, so i didn't figure it would turn into shrapnel, but rather just fail. Hadn't read anything on it, so figured i'd throw it out there.

vwfan79

If you run 26# springs on a stock rod it will flatten the lobes and cause the engine to over heat and melt the rod to the crank. Don't ask me how I know.

Hmmm, billet flywheel - ck, billet rod - ck, heavy springs - ck,
it's lighter and it's gonna snap, but you're not telling us everything....

Watch for coil binding with high lift on 18 lbs springs. 18 lbs springs are stock gx140 springs and are made for that head. the spring perch is lower on a 140 head so the springs wont bind Dont ask how I know! :laugh: