Predator 212 cam/rod knock?

Having trouble with this predator 212 I “built”

it has a billet rod, stock cam, 22lb springs, ported and polished head, aluminum 1/4 pushrods and a 28mm chikuni carb.

It’s always had problems with shearing keys and I ordered a new crank because the last time it sheared the key it damaged the crank pretty bad.

I just took it apart today to investigate the knocking and it sounds/feels like it’s coming from the cam instead of the rod.

Any tips or ideas where it could be coming from is appreciated.
Video <— video of the “knock”

SAS289

What you are doing there got me curious. So I put my 224 on the bench and removed the spark plug and blower housing. And as expected I can get the same knocking that you have.

My built 224 is not off the bike because there's an issue. It's off the bike because I'm playing with a Chikuni carb on a stock 196.

I would say that you should finish assembly and run the engine.

Is it the same clicking as in the vid? And when the motor is running it's a continuous clicking? Or intermittent?
Just got the engine running, carb isn’t tuned or jetted yet but the clicking is harder to hear while it runs.

its the first time for me hearing it run with a pulse pump so the sounds are hard to make out.

Video 3

My next question concerns a torque wrench.
Do you own and use a torque wrench? I ask this because you have been shearing flywheel keys to the point you need a new crankshaft.
If EVERYTHING is not torqued to spec on an engine used for high performance, it will shake and rattle itself to bits.

I just watched video #2. Turning the engine by hand, that sounds like rod knock. Remove the plug and see if the noise is still there when turning the flywheel by hand.
How much clearance do you have between piston and head? How thick is head gasket?