predator build

ight, so i got a baja mini bike.all stock with a newer predator motor. i am planning on buildin it upa bit.
parts list;
air filter kit
header
92 jet
gx140 emulsion tube
305 or 275 lift cam
18 lbs springs
stud kit
no govaner
thin copper head gasket.
im a pretty big goy so im wantin somthin real torquey. let me knoe if this is good or other things that will make it torqueer.please let me know thanks

Billett rod and flywheel or we cant talk to you per forum rules....
http://www.oldminibikes.com/forum/h...nor-your-engine-OldMiniBikes-please-read.html

ight, so i got a baja mini bike.all stock with a newer predator motor. i am planning on buildin it upa bit.
parts list;
air filter kit
header
92 jet
gx140 emulsion tube
305 or 275 lift cam
18 lbs springs
stud kit
no govaner
thin copper head gasket.
im a pretty big goy so im wantin somthin real torquey. let me knoe if this is good or other things that will make it torqueer.please let me know thanks

GustoGuy

Easy cheap mods to add to your Predator 212cc while retaining the govenor

Just out of curiosity I was wondering how much a Predator 212cc can be hopped up while leaving the governor on it. I have seen Better emulsion tubes and richer jetting and low restriction air intakes as well as performance exhaust for it. I also heard that the Auto lite AR 3910X spark plug can reduce the domes volume by 2cc's and that it can add about 3/4 of a horsepower too.. I have seen that Tav2 will allow 40+ mph top speeds while still having neck snapping acceleration. I have also seen timing advancing flywheel keys too of 2 and 4 and 6 degrees for the flywheel. Has anyone done any of these cheap mods and seen some serious horsepower come out of it?

Id be curious about the spark plug. Other than that I dont plane on doing any mods. Stock is fine for me with the TAV and gearing. It also depends on where you are going to ride. What terrain?

Just out of curiosity I was wondering how much a Predator 212cc can be hopped up while leaving the governor on it. I have seen Better emulsion tubes and richer jetting and low restriction air intakes as well as performance exhaust for it. I also heard that the Auto lite AR 3910X spark plug can reduce the domes volume by 2cc's and that it can add about 3/4 of a horsepower too.. I have seen that Tav2 will allow 40+ mph top speeds while still having neck snapping acceleration. I have also seen timing advancing flywheel keys too of 2 and 4 and 6 degrees for the flywheel. Has anyone done any of these cheap mods and seen some serious horsepower come out of it?
I have done all of the above to mine including the TAV and she scoots good. Still has governor, and I used the 6 degree key.

GustoGuy

I have done all of the above to mine including the TAV and she scoots good. Still has governor, and I used the 6 degree key.
Sounds great. I want to put the TAV on it this spring. I heard it should allow for about 40+ mph which is plenty good for a minibike. Did the 6 degree key by it self help a lot with the acceleration?. I plan on continuing to use the 91 octane non-oxygenated gasoline which is made for collector cars and snowmobiles do you feel that will be high enough to prevent pinging with that amount of timing advance?. Did you keep the stock flywheel or upgrade to a billet flywheel when you removed it to place the 6 degree timing advance key? I figure the AR 3910x spark plug is a cheap enough mod and if its good for an extra 0.75hp then its worth it. I read an article called hot rodding the Predator and with a low restriction air filter and richer jetting the Predator 212 were putting out about 9 hp without any other mods.

GustoGuy

Id be curious about the spark plug. Other than that I dont plane on doing any mods. Stock is fine for me with the TAV and gearing. It also depends on where you are going to ride. What terrain?
I live in Minnesota so it pretty flat terrain with some small hills. I have about 2 to 3 miles of gravel roads and some woods trails too around my lake cabin to ride on so I have plenty of space to ride it. I stumbled upon this awesome website when I decided to upgrade to a Predator 212cc and ditch the 2.8 lifan which is sitting on my garage floor now. I don't plan on putting $400 in to a $119 engine for a $299 DB30. I am however interested in fabbing a suspension front end for my Doodle Beast since I heard it makes for a more controlled ride. I really like the 6 million dollar Doodle post on the site. Which TAV should I get? What do you guys think of the GTC TC2? I seen their website and I feel that that should work great for my minibike.

if your looking for torque and 40MPH than start with the TAV. If your looking for a little more than port the head so it will flow better,18# springs and some 1.3 rockers for more lift,rejet the carb. You can cut the air box out to make it flow better,put a bigger pipe on it.

More duration on the cam will give you more power past where the governor cuts in,but will take some on the low side.