Predator or clone?

toomanytoys

Since I have bought 1badfox's Rupp I am looking for a motor to put in it.

I have a couple options.

1) A Complete nicely restored HS50 Tecumseh needing home.
2) I ordered a Predator today with the 20% off coupon and flat rate shipping. I have another bike this can go in
3) Take the HF Clone off my Blackwidow(Slight mods, just intake, exhaust and rejet)
4) HS40 all stock "powersports" tecumseh
4) Order an NR racing stage 1 clone, for 330 bucks. With ready to go package for minibike. They advertise 8.5+ HP anyone verify that? Is it worth the extra cash over a stock clone for the few HP?

I am looking for a reasonable amount of power, nothing insane. I don't want a speed demon, I plan on keeping it geared low enough for trail rides.

1BadFox

Since I have bought 1badfox's Rupp I am looking for a motor to put in it.

I have a couple options.

1) A Complete nicely restored HS50 Tecumseh needing home.
2) I ordered a Predator today with the 20% off coupon and flat rate shipping. I have another bike this can go in
3) Take the HF Clone off my Blackwidow(Slight mods, just intake, exhaust and rejet)
4) HS40 all stock "powersports" tecumseh
4) Order an NR racing stage 1 clone, for 330 bucks. With ready to go package for minibike. They advertise 8.5+ HP anyone verify that? Is it worth the extra cash over a stock clone for the few HP?

I am looking for a reasonable amount of power, nothing insane. I don't want a speed demon, I plan on keeping it geared low enough for trail rides.
Almost any clone will push 8.5hp with air filter and header and good tune.

joekd

NR racing stage 1 clone is only $199, I would go stage 2 for $329 though, I've had two of them and they make great power and RPMs plus since it is over $300 free shipping