Problem, Does it quailify as a mini

Started on my Black Betty wannabe. Got a 86 KX80 for the front end and have a warrior frame on the way. But as I'm getting ready to cut it's head off I take one last look and see a possability, maybe a better possbity. Keep the frame with great brakes front and rear and a swing arm, new rubber in front, good in back all very strong. I picked this up cheap cause the engines is froze. I've lowered it to Warrior height. Did some cutting and frame arranging and it will take a preditor and the peanunt tank I have along with sping seat. I think it will look pretty good and ride better than where I was going to go. Problem. Is it a mini bike? well it is the size of a warrior, but no it is not a traditional mini bike. Can I still log it here. I'll let you guy make the call.
outdoorguy
If it's OK, pictures tomorrow of it mocked up

Put it on here, I am sure no one will care, if it is about warrior size it is close enough to a mini bike, I wanna see pics. :thumbsup:

Here is a mockup. Lot more welding to do. and I want to do something different with the seat, lower, and on a single point strut back to the frame under the tank with short chrome springs at the back. Move the pegs forward and shorten the forks and electrify, lights front and back. all black even the spokes. Short bobbed fender mounted from the swing arm so it moves with the wheel

outdoorguy

Last edited:
You got my vote , in my opinion if any of the old school minibike manufacturers were still in production ,their bike would look something like yours anyway.
Rob.

Last edited:

Big Jim

I think the "spirit" of the mini bike is there, but those wheels!!!
Any wheel over 14" is not mini....
Looks like it's gonna be cool!

Worked on the seat support for a couple hours tonight. I wanted a mono strut coming off the back bone, but there was not enough room and get the tank where I wanted it. This has that feeling, but it's 4 lite support welded to the shock support. It leaves the rear open which is what I wanted. Thinking about a fully enclosed rear wheel fender, kinda art deco style, riding on the swing arm. Got a coat of primer on the tank. That's it for tonight. Might watch a football game.

outdoorguy

Thanks, Did some welding and some painting today. Had to bring it inside for the paint to dry about 20 outside and the garage heater wouldn't light. Got a head of my self with the paint still have some welding. Pictures not the best bad light.

outdoorguy

Came with a new front tire, so probaly keep
that but the rear is ready to replace, bad weather
check. Go with something a little less agressive.
The forks go up through the mounts, still thinking
to cut them and springs or just springs and leave
them. Looking for a rear fender maybe fully enclosed.
Outdoorguy

well this way you can fine tune the ride height untill you're ready to cut the springs...mine i couldnt so if i cut too much, :doah:too bad.
id leave the fork tubes intact and only mess with the springs once you get to that point.

dcswindler4, think you are right, Trim the spring and keep the tubes even with the top of the handle bars.

This is a cardboard and plastic mockup, but if I used this form in black to match. What do you guy's think? Your ideas please. Fender mounted right on the swing arm. I think it gives the bike an overall look of balance.

outdoorguy