Pulse fitting on hemi valve cover

Last edited:
They can be drilled and tapped with a 1/8 NPT tap and use a 1/8 pipe nipple available with different diameter hose size here is one from a hemi. DSC00473.JPG DSC00475.JPG DSC00474.JPG

Make sure it does not interfere with your spark plug or anything close by. Top is best so you do not pump oil out.

Hemi cast cover.
I'm gonna take it off later and have a look underneath to determine proper location.
I would think it will be thicker than the stamped cover.

thanks for pics OLE4

ole....I've always heard that its best to put the pulse fitting on top and close as you can to the exhaust valve side of the cover....does this still hold true today ? Why is the pulse better closest to the exhaust valve side ? This is something that we've done for years with all the racing kart engines.

I really don't know anything about that. I use I don't use it for a pulse fitting but when I remove the governor I press in a aluminum tube in the governor arm hole then connect a breather hose to the fitting on the valve cover to help with pressure between crankcase and valvecover. Looking at the hemi breather the reed hole is on the exhaust side and that breather hole in the head runs alongside of the intake port so maybe they do not want a pulse fitting near it as it may get more oil mist to the pulse. Only thing I can think of. On some of my Karts with a fuel pump I took it off the top of the cover but I don't remember where I put it. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

I just enjoy building motors karts and mini bikes. I have a big yard and when my Neice's kids come I set up a race course using real race karts with slicks on the hard dirt/grass. It is almost like drifting. You have to be good with the gas or spin out.

I just enjoy building motors karts and mini bikes. I have a big yard and when my Neice's kids come I set up a race course using real race karts with slicks on the hard dirt/grass. It is almost like drifting. You have to be good with the gas or spin out.
Haha. I like it. I have an oval kart with a gx160 and it's the same way. Spins super easy and is a blast around the yard. I bet your nieces kids really enjoy that!

I really don't know anything about that. I use I don't use it for a pulse fitting but when I remove the governor I press in a aluminum tube in the governor arm hole then connect a breather hose to the fitting on the valve cover to help with pressure between crankcase and valvecover. Looking at the hemi breather the reed hole is on the exhaust side and that breather hole in the head runs alongside of the intake port so maybe they do not want a pulse fitting near it as it may get more oil mist to the pulse. Only thing I can think of. On some of my Karts with a fuel pump I took it off the top of the cover but I don't remember where I put it. Maybe someone else knows for sure.
I do not know how to post photos but I drilled my hemi on top angle of cover about 1/2 inch to the left of the V....really wish I could post pic to show you but ....

Last edited:

CarPlayLB

Hey Boys! What do you think about this for a pulse?

it is out of the way, will have a better pulse than an vented valve cover, and a higher mounted pump will allow the oil to drain back. This location is shielded somewhat from the spinning crank/rod

Hey Boys! What do you think about this for a pulse?

it is out of the way, will have a better pulse than an vented valve cover, and a higher mounted pump will allow the oil to drain back. This location is shielded somewhat from the spinning crank/rod
I bet that would be as good as place as any unless for some reason oil is prone to that area which I don't think is the case. I see a lot of guys vent the very top of that cover as it vents good and doesn't push much oil through it. Makes me think your spot would be good as it's somewhat shielded. The only disadvantage is if oil does get into your fitting it would drain back to the block if it was vertical versus horizontal maybe a little better. Your fitting looks to have a slightly downhill angle which is good.

Last edited: