Quality vs Less Quality Parts?

Hi Yu,
Hey I need to put together a rear 6" knobby wheel assembly.I was wanting to know basically,is there any brands to steer clear of? Or maybe more important,is there a brand(s) you really like or recommend.I see names such as TriStar,Astro,Carlisle etc.at the online vendors sites.Are these ok.The other thing I noticed is,it seems like everyone sells the same mini bike frame.

Thanks Tim

I find posts during peoples normal working hours don't get responded to quickly. Be patient, you'll get some answers I'm sure.

Tomas

Yes the Asuza frame and fork set seams to be the only one to be had for a decent price ($100.00) and there complete kit ain't no joke.The bad dog is kinda pricey for the quality of welding . A friend just bought a roller kit and for the money he spent he should'nt have to ground down welds to clean up his frame for paint.

Yes the Asuza frame and fork set seams to be the only one to be had for a decent price ($100.00) and there complete kit ain't no joke.The bad dog is kinda pricey for the quality of welding . A friend just bought a roller kit and for the money he spent he should'nt have to ground down welds to clean up his frame for paint.
Thanks Tomas,
Yea I honestly thought that with so many members on here that have put together mini's and have experience with using different parts and brands,there would be quite a bit of opinion on what's liked,not liked etc.?? I guessed wrong.

Tim

Last edited:
OldMiniBiker ; As for any product that is from Azusa Engineering it is so time tested you can not go wrong there on line catalog looks the same today as it did in 1971 when I first ordered from them, And the same frame has been sold by them for all those years. Both Go Kart Galaxy & American Power Sports sell the full line of Azusa parts I buy from American Power Sports - Karting Parts & Accessories and have for 12 years. They are offering one price shipping $7.95 for a standard box till the end of the month. Hope this is of some help.
Steve :scooter:

OldMiniBiker ; As for any product that is from Azusa Engineering it is so time tested you can not go wrong there on line catalog looks the same today as it did in 1971 when I first ordered from them, And the same frame has been sold by them for all those years. Both Go Kart Galaxy & American Power Sports sell the full line of Azusa parts I buy from American Power Sports - Karting Parts & Accessories and have for 12 years. They are offering one price shipping $7.95 for a standard box till the end of the month. Hope this is of some help.
Steve :scooter:
Thanks Steven,

This is exactly was I was after.