Quicky exhaust

Need a better exhaust for the atlas before painting the 2nd engine white (going with a briggs), In the passed I cut up some free bikes I got from CL and the tubing comes in handy for stock.

As you can see the tubing I'm using is already dilled and tapped for a water bottle. I'm using these holes for a mount and the other a screw for the muffler (so it can be changed)

I installed the muffler tight and drilled and tapped a hole in it so it wont turn or come loose.

Very fast, simple and clean, all I have to do now is make a bracket.

It sounds good, runs good, and doesn't piss off the neighbors.

Oh yeah how do you like using the ribber mat For the vibe plate?

I have had really good luck using them.
As you can see, that one is a temp mat so I don't scrape the paint while screwing with engine #2. It's convayor belt rubber and very hard, my kid brought home a roll of it and it works great and I'll be using it alot. :thumbsup: I usually trace the engine and spray glue it to the engine so it's not seen and stays put for engine swaps.:wink:

Last edited:
Yeah Jim, I just wish they used #35 chain. :doah: I have a nice aluminum bike with neat shocks up front too.

Delray, I started with a bent one but liked the straight pipe, it looks good from the others side and better when the engine is moved up, I also wanted it out of the way so it wouldn't burn anyone grabbing the seat or from the side. :thumbsup:

The scrub and foot pegs belong with this engine,,,,anyone know why? :wink: