R.I.P. Steve aka Trailhopper

Ladies and Gentleman, we've lost another member...:sad:

Sad to say that Steve passed away last month. For people who don't know He was member "trailhopper" here on OldMiniBikes and was a valuable asset to this community when he was active on here. He had told me back in march of 2014 he was in stage 4-5 of kidney failure.

So long my friend...you will be missed
Stephen Rent Obituary - Endicott, NY | Binghamton Press & Sun-Bulletin

Last edited:
wow, never had dealings with him, but this is sad and so young too..........makes me stop and reflect at how life can change in an instant, to make the most of each day too.........my sincere hope is that his family will have peace......

He told me about his illness not long after he found out. He seemed to accept his forthcoming and even joked about it. He was a good man and will be missed greatly.

I stayed in contact with Steve after he left OldMiniBikes..told me he had health issues but never disclosed or complained. A super individual I'm proud to have called my friend. Sincere sympathies to his family...Godspeed Trailhopper.:sad:

He was very active in the Vintage Vestal Facebook group and they ran a bit of a bicycle fundraiser in his honor. I had no idea he and Trailhopper were the same person since he lived in Chenango and went by Stellar Minibike on FB. R.I.P Steve