Rarest? Wee Willy Scooter

A few years ago, I can across this Wee Willy Scooter. It had a modern Stihl motor that wasn't correct. It was a collapsible scooter and was supposed to fit in an apple box when broken down. I think they were used in airplanes to ride from the tarmac to the terminal. I searched for information and found nothing.

Attachments

Wee Willy with power products engine

This week, a new member (Shadowvir) contacted me looking for Wee Willy information. He had found an intact Wee Willy in Colorado. With his permission, these are his photos. The motor is a Westbend 580. These are the only 2 'Wee Willys' I have ever seen.

I have this Wee Willy in my garage because it was not running and would not roll easy. I cleaned up the rear axle and it now rolls. I had to repair the pull start which was quite a process and then I was able to start the engine. The tank has a decal on it that says power products by Tecumseh and the flywheel also has power products on it. In another post someone said it was a west bend engine but I do not think that is correct. I am going to post some pics of the carb and governor set up because I think something is missing. I will also post the engine tag in case someone can help us find parts or repair. My local small engine shop had 3 mechanics look at it and none of them had ever seen and engine like this so they could not help me.
2015-03-09 10.03.48.jpg 2015-03-09 10.04.02.jpg 2015-03-09 10.04.12.jpg 2015-03-09 10.05.30.jpg 2015-03-09 10.03.48.jpg 2015-03-09 10.04.02.jpg 2015-03-09 10.04.12.jpg 2015-03-09 10.05.30.jpg

I just researched the power products page on the classic engines website. I found the 1186 c model number that is on my tag. It is listed as an AH-51 engine. I believe this is the engine that came on the wee willy that is in my garage. I have to assume that it is the original engine.. I now need to know who to speak to or who may have a parts breakdown so I may be able to figure out the governor linkage.

I want to add a little more to the Power Products engine post. The engine also has a Lauson power products carb which I guess was quite common. Is there any way to date the AH-51 engine with this carb? I still am trying to figure out the governor to carb linkage that will work with throttle. it almost seems like it is a single speed engine as it is set up . Could it be idle or full throttle is all it had with the variable clutch?

Wee Willy update info

I want to add two more pictures of the Wee Willy since I had it apart. It shows the gas tank and most of the power products by Tecumseh tag. but what I thought was really cool is that on the fuel cap it has been engraved or scratched in Wee Willy and then the oil to gas ratio. Pretty cool. This is why I think it is the original engine. I actually rode it for a short distance after sorting out the governor linkage. It is quite fun.

Wee Willy filler cap and engine decal

Here are the pics I tried to post a few days ago. It show the 1/2 pt per gallon recommended fuel mixture and also the original engine decal that was on the tank. I was able to adjust the governor to get the throttle to work. I installed a new drive belt and put new fuel in tank. I may swallow my pride and post a video of what a full grown man looks like trying to road test this machine.

2015-03-12 14.38.43.jpg 2015-03-12 14.38.27.jpg

I may swallow my pride and post a video of what a full grown man looks like trying to road test this machine.
Hey NuckleBuster !

.... I'd be willin' to say the majority of us here are somewhere between 40 and 70 years old..:shrug:..and we refuse to grow up :laugh: !!

Show us the video :scooter: :thumbsup: !!

....Cool bike by the way !

Cool little bike--would love to own one if anyone hears of another for sale. I concur with the AH51 theory--never looked kike a 580 to me. Vintage kart guys will know for sure and be able to help you with parts source.--definitely post video!