really miss it

71dodge

dang i was looking at some photos of my car when i was working on it just now. man i really miss that car. id kill to have it back. i remember going into my garage just seeing it sit there and i was so happy cause it was my first real car and it was all mine and a mopar. man i really wish i wouldnt of got rid of it. i had a big ol' 383 waiting for it what a car that would of made :sadcrying4:

View attachment 17893

Last edited:

Oldsalt

Is there a lesson here? I think so. Unless you are missing meals don't sell things like old cars and old minibikes and guns and etc.

71dodge

Is there a lesson here? I think so. Unless you are missing meals don't sell things like old cars and old minibikes and guns and etc.
i wasnt missing meals the only reason i sold the car was because. i was scanning CL like i always do and came across a really nice looking 72 plymouth scamp had a 318 air conditioning the works the ad said it had a little bit of roof rot which was no biggie i had a roof already. well the next day i sold my car quick for 1500 drove down to tampa to go and pick up my new ride and when we get there i see this UGLY rotted to pieces 72 scamp. it ran like crap was rotted and bondo'd everywere. interior trashed. i was so disapointed then i was thinking oh well i still got my dart. driving home that night i forgot i sold my car and that just made me mad. i sold my car for a car i seen off CL that turned out to be a flunk thats why i HATE CL. and the thing that really mades me mad i had almost all the parts to finish my old dart :sadcrying4:

dang i was looking at some photos of my car when i was working on it just now. man i really miss that car. id kill to have it back. i remember going into my garage just seeing it sit there and i was so happy cause it was my first real car and it was all mine and a mopar. man i really wish i wouldnt of got rid of it. i had a big ol' 383 waiting for it what a car that would of made :sadcrying4:

View attachment 17893
:sad: I feel ya there Dodge... I had a CRAP LOAD of old Mopars and I miss all of them... :sad: Each one the best car I ever owned.. one right after another.. I loved them like family... And now can not afford to ever have them back... Have what you can now.. It won't be long that will be illegal.

The longer your first car is gone the better,faster and cleaner it was.We allways forget about all of the frustation our first car gave us. The fact is you sold it because it was not all you wanted it to be.The next one you get will be a better one now that you know what you want (383 or 4speed etc...) Save up some cash, keep your eyes open and you will find a much better car then you sold and start some all new memories.:drinkup:

Now you can appreciate why some of us Ol' Farts jones so bad for the minis we had as little popcorn farts. (where's my Superflea?) My first car was a 62 Chevy II w/a 6cyl that had a lifter that would go flat and start tacking like crazy. You had to stomp on the gas to raise the oil pressure and fill the lifter. It would be quiet for a while. It also had a rust hole in the floor by the gas pedal and when you went through a puddle it would blow like a breaching whale. What a blast!

I have a 65 Nova that I have owned for 24yrs, I sell only what I can replace or simply do not love! My minibike collection grows larger all the time, I would buy more classic cars but prices are through the roof! Looking on ebay day after day it seems minibikes are reaching some serious prices!

No VF I sold it for $600 long time ago. It was really a plain jane with rubber floormatting, 2 spd hydromatic and was autumn gold but I would love to have it back. Me and my buddies did some world shakin' in that thing back in the day/:evil_laughter:

No VF I sold it for $600 long time ago. It was really a plain jane with rubber floormatting, 2 spd hydromatic and was autumn gold but I would love to have it back. Me and my buddies did some world shakin' in that thing back in the day/:evil_laughter:
If my old Nova could talk it would have some stories to tell! I turned 21 a year after getting the car, it was not my only car and not a daily driver but it saw some serious action!

Oldsalt

I have a 65 Nova that I have owned for 24yrs, I sell only what I can replace or simply do not love! My minibike collection grows larger all the time, I would buy more classic cars but prices are through the roof! Looking on ebay day after day it seems minibikes are reaching some serious prices!
I keep saying that. The price on minis will seriously escalate in the next few years.

A few years ago I mentioned that I would be willing to pay 3 or so for a really nice original Bird that I know where is at. Lots of flack. "That's far too much money"...."You'll be paying twice what it's worth" and etc. was the unual responce. Well, the guy still is reluctant to sell [quite yet] but I have a new number in my mind. I'll pay 5 if given a little time to get it together. It will be worth a lot more than that in a few years.

dang i was looking at some photos of my car when i was working on it just now. man i really miss that car. id kill to have it back...
Well, start looking for another. I like those old Dodges. too. Saw this one in the local St. Patrick's Day parade a few weeks ago.

Well, start looking for another. I like those old Dodges. too. Saw this one in the local St. Patrick's Day parade a few weeks ago.
oh my god that looks just likemy dads old 71 we had back in FT> lauderdale. that was just what my car was gonna look like all finished up that was the one color i had set in my mind lime time green or Fj6 green go

oh my god that looks just likemy dads old 71 we had back in FT> lauderdale. that was just what my car was gonna look like all finished up that was the one color i had set in my mind lime time green or Fj6 green go
If you ever come to Michigan bring a FIST FULL of cash.. I will take you to mikes house and you can rescue all of his old Mopars we built when we were 14.... he got married to a crazy :censure: and now all of his cars are rusting into the weeds. :sadcrying4: They haven't been started in probably 6 or 7 years.. The Dakota has a Wilwood quick change rear end geared for a pulling tractor and a 600 horse 383 that has like 15 miles on it.. I wouldn't be surprised to see that engine setup tight from sitting.. He has a 68 Cuda 340 motor sitting on top of his boat.. It WAS covered up at one point in time.. :sadcrying4: Probably frozen and broke now.. :sadcrying4: theres a 40 chevy, 57 coronet 2 door with 69 Hypo 440, I think he still has the 40 Hudson pickup... Probably cars I have forgotten about you'd never know were there without mowing the field..