Removing Govenor shaft and other mods?

How do I remove the pin the governor gear rides on? I removed the flywheel and wonder how the pin comes out? I would like to tap the hole and put a bolt in it. I figure good time to do this since I needed to pull the flywheel anyway. Btw does trimming every other fan blade really help?

Assuming you are going to use a billet rod and flywheel for safety. I think everything to take out is self explanatory once you open it up. The arm just has a pin on it doesn't it? Then drops down? As far as the flywheel. I am not a fan of compromising the integrity of anything moving that fast. Especially if you do not do it right?

Last edited:
Just got done with it. I am surprised people leave the gear shaft in. Seems silly if you are replacing flywheel. BTW I expected flywheel to lighter!

Thanks for all your help. I got everything tightyd up. I tapped the oil sensor hole 7/16-20 however it was not quite straight:( Not sure what I am gonna do but it will probably leak!

CarPlayLB

Thanks for all your help. I got everything tightyd up. I tapped the oil sensor hole 7/16-20 however it was not quite straight:( Not sure what I am gonna do but it will probably leak!
I tapped the oil sensor hole with an NPT pipe thread, 1/4 or 3/8...cannot remember...then put a pipe plug in it!:thumbsup:

How do I remove the pin the governor gear rides on? I removed the flywheel and wonder how the pin comes out? I would like to tap the hole and put a bolt in it. I figure good time to do this since I needed to pull the flywheel anyway. Btw does trimming every other fan blade really help?
Knock it out with something pointy.......& don't trim the fans in your flywheel.....just buy a Arc flywheel you have to take it off anyways to knock out govner