Replacement for Flo Jet carb

Minimichael

I believe a blower vane governor keeps it from dropping in rpms as well as exceeding. Not sure about internal mechanical governors. But so long as your new carb's idle setting can keep your engine idling steady, you should be okay.

The capacity is officially a 1 1/2 HP
I have installed a Honda GX160 Carburetor rated at I think for 4HP, I currently have gas to the carburetor and nothing getting into the cylinder, when I hold the intake valve in and spin the flywheel it puffs back out of the carburetor, I remember that the same thing used to happen when the Flo Jet was installed.
Any suggestions?

No fuel into the cylinder, has spark, this a pic of the carb mounted to the fabricated manifold, pay no attention to existing holes, I have fuel to the carb, suction when flywheel is turned but no fuel to the cylinder at this point I would love to see it flooded , any thoughts?

Attachments

Yes to all of the above, this needle valve is backed out about 3 turns, does it control the fuel mixture , ie fuel volume ? My thought how this works during the intake stroke would be. Intake valve would be pulled open and fuel would be pulled into the cylinder , correct ? ATTACH=full]314198[/ATTACH].
Thanks

Attachments

I could be wrong but you may be having trouble getting full atomization of mixture. Make sure seals are air tight. Set choke 1/2 way. Do your research on hit and miss cuz I'm betting Sparkwizard's on to something with pre-priming.

Last edited:
I'll bet the guys over at smokstak.com could advise on your hit & miss, also. Hooking up an ohv Honda carb spec'd to 4x the cc's of your antique isn't something flathead folks see too often.

Guessing here the carb could be down-jetted to help with aerosoling, airflow choked maybe in half, and several (or many) consecutive pulls, with lots of fresh plugs.