Reusing Existing Clutch Cover on Predator 212

So like a lot of people, I swapped the Predator 212 onto my Baja DB30. Reading on the forums, everyone said that you could reuse the back clutch cover but not the front one. So I decided to mod the existing one!

First, the front cover is long so I cut a piece of it off. Then, I used the existing hole and drilled a hole and placed a screw with a washer there. Then, I drilled another hole and used a 5/16 x24 NF screw to put it in.

I know this doesn't seem like much and it's nothing crazy, I'm not a very handy person at all. This is a big accomplishment for me LOL.

For some reason, I can't upload the picture and I looked at the thread that lets you test it but it still doesn't let me for some reason. I'll just upload the picture as an attachment then.

This is also my first post on this forum, looking forward to learning a lot here :laugh:

Great way for someone looking to save a couple of bucks!!!

Attachments

Last edited:
Welcome to the OldMiniBikes forum, looks like you've got a hemi head predator..:thumbsup:.nice job on the clutch cover !

Successful fabrication and/or modification of parts to fit what they don't normally fit is always an accomplishment in my book.
The clutch cover may be a little thing, but the little things often cause the biggest headaches.
Good job on the mod, and thanks for posting a useful mod.

Even if I can afford to be wasteful. It doesn't mean that I'm willing to.
Any money we save on these projects is more gas money for fun time.