roper plating

Unless you are willing to ship your parts to a shop (which will be costly with a QUALITY shipper like UPS for those forks), you need to first state how far away you are willing to drive. Many of us can make recommendations for chrome plating in our local areas (myself included), however, what is the point if it is too far away for you?:shrug:
Michael

Pa, I just did a Google search for Minnesota chrome plating and I got 181,000 hits. Start making phone calls. Ogy
Wow! What a great idea Ogy. Thanks for taking your time to do a google search and trying to help me out. I really appreciate it and I'm going to take your advice and begin making calls tomorrow. Thanks again. Ogy

You'll find that both pricing and quality vary wildly from shop to shop. My advice is to find an auto restoration shop in your area and ask who they use, see if any of the shop's work is available for viewing as well. Ask if they work pitted areas and ask how much it will add because it requires brazing or extra copper buffed down to fill imperfections before the next steps for best results, otherwise scratches and dings will be plated over and it looks tacky especially for the $ spent. Research as long as it takes to get the best local work, shipping sucks and is expensive. I use a local outfit that does lab quality work down to simple strip and dip, depends on what you want to spend and what you want it to look like. Good luck.

Wow! What a great idea Ogy. Thanks for taking your time to do a google search and trying to help me out. I really appreciate it and I'm going to take your advice and begin making calls tomorrow. Thanks again. Ogy
I think that many members missed the essence of this post by ogygopis, however, I did not. We take the time to help these guys (sometimes in great detail, requiring a fair amount of time on our part) with their questions/problems and they do not even give us the courtesy and professionalism of a reply/acknowledgment, much less a "Thank you.":shrug:
Ogygopis, I get it and share your feelings!:thumbsup: For another good example, see the thread entitled "5 HP piston ring help" started by OldMiniBikes member JBE24JG in the Briggs Engines topic section. He received numerous (detailed) replies from various members, however not even a simple "Thank you" from the guy TO ANYONE.:shrug: I guess we provided the information that he NEEDED to hear, not what he WANTED to hear...
Michael

Last edited:
I think that many remembers missed the essence of this post by ogygopis, however, I did not. We take the time to help these guys (sometimes in great detail, requiring a fair amount of time on our part) with their questions/problems and they do not even give us the courtesy and professionalism of a reply/acknowledgment, much less a "Thank you.":shrug:
Ogygopis, I get it and share your feelings!:thumbsup: For another good example, see the thread entitled "5 HP piston ring help" started by OldMiniBikes member JBE24JG in the Briggs Engines topic section. He received numerous (detailed) replies from various members, however not even a simple "Thank you" from the guy.:shrug: I guess we provided the information that he NEEDED to hear, not what he WANTED to hear...
Michael
You nailed it Creia! That's exactly the point I was trying to make. Sad part is....those to whom it was directed; probably won't get it. Ogy

You nailed it Creia! That's exactly the point I was trying to make. Sad part is....those to whom it was directed; probably won't get it. Ogy
Ogy,
Yes, you are exactly correct. The (lack of) forum courtesy, etiquette, and overall professionalism of some of these members leaves a lot to be desired. Fortunately, most of them seem to be "one post wonders" whereby they are asking for a quick answer on one particular problem they are having and we never hear from them again.
Michael