running lights off a predator motor

Found another Kohler motor that has a 3 amp lighting coil setup. 7hp. Model ch270 3021 not sure if crank taper and diameter is the same as the 10 amp setup

Don't know if this would work as I don't have a Preditor motor to check. But how much voltage is available at the kill lead with the engine at speed? The kill lead is the small wire that attaches between the ignition module and off and on switch and is grounded to kill the engine. Kill lead voltage has been used to operate lights from a magneto system in the past. Would be interesting to know if the voltage is compatible to operate lights if it didn't cause the coil to misfire or shutdown at speed. Or worse, blow the bulbs!

I don't know about this guy but yes the lighting coil off a Honda motor will work I got one out of a gx160 and put it directly in a predator . I then got a motorcycle kill switch with the lighting switch some magic and waalaa

The Honda flywheel is not a correct fit for a Predator. Rash predator has a unique taper on the flywheel thus why ARC offers a different flywheel for the Hemi and non Hemi. Yes the coils will bolt to the block if it has the bosses and the flywheel will fit On the crank, but it will not be seated correctly and is a safety issue.

Sent from my Texas Instruments Speak and Spell...[emoji2]