Rupp TT500

capguncowboy

I pulled the engine off the bike today and started cleaning it up a little. The good news is that it has compression and spark... sss ? Is it supposed to spark 12 times per rotation? Are the points not closing? I can't say that I've seen that before. What causes this? Anyone know?

Hey Cowboy, could you please post a close up picture of the rear disc brake caliper and how it is mounted. I have been searching for a while of a good picture, so I can see how it is put together. .. thanks B

capguncowboy

You'll have to wait until tomorrow afternoon. It's all pulled apart and soaking in Evaporust at the moment. This thing is cleaning up nicely. Pictures to come when it's all back together

i just put together a rear disk setup for a c500 350 you can get the caliper new on ebay as well as the the rod and clevis and caliper arm . the caliper mounts black widow motor sports sells repro. theres a mount on the caliper and one that goes around the wheel spacer and links together with the caliper bracket.

capguncowboy

The parts of this bike spent the weekend soaking in Evaporust. I ended up dropping the tank in in hopes that it would clear up the few spots of rust and I'm happy to report that it did just that. The fenders look much better and the photos don't do it justice, but they're not perfect by any means. It looks miles better than it did. I plan on cleaning up the engine tonight and the handlebars are still soaking. I should have it totally back together tomorrow sometime.

As it's obvious from the pictures, there are a few things on this bike that are beyond saving without restoration. The front brake lever is toast, and the headlight is way too far gone, but I think just about everything else is in pretty good condition. Even the wheel halves turned out to be in good shape, and had absolutely no pitting on the inside portion (under the tire).

Last edited:

Ding Ding

Cool find, looks great.

I don't know about you, but I thoroughly enjoy cleaning up old parts. It's fun to bring parts back to life and revive them to what they once were. I guess that's kind of what old mini bikes are all about though.

Thanks for the pictures!
It looks like there's a bracket that the axle goes through and the caliper bolts to. When you can would mind taking a picture of that bracket. ? I need to know what I am looking for. ....thanks again. ....

capguncowboy

Thanks for the pictures!
It looks like there's a bracket that the axle goes through and the caliper bolts to. When you can would mind taking a picture of that bracket. ? I need to know what I am looking for. ....thanks again. ....
here are the pictures of the brakes when they were off the bike. I'm probably not going to take them back off any time soon.

The rear brake is on the left. There is another piece that's not pictured. It overlays the axle hole plate, and wedges into the swingarm to keep the brake from free spinning. Blackwidow repops those and they're spot-on accurate

#12839 DISC BRAKE CALIPER STOP BRACKET,REAR, 1968 ALL

capguncowboy

I finally got the engine wiped down a little today. I decided not to go through the engine at all, since I'm not going to keep the bike and it's not quite a survivor. Anyway, here it is. I tried to get as many angles as I could, but I'm sure I'll add a few more later