Sears roper fork q1

I want to take the top fork yoke to the machine today to get the old handle bars cutoff. Are original ones available. I’m thinking that the lower tubes are what is left off the handle bars. Also, what kept the handle bars intact and prevent them from turning/spinning in the fork. Thanks Capnz

Sears roper lower fork q2

I took the lower fork tubes off. My questions are..

Q1) I want to put a fender back on. I see weld marks that are present. Were there tabs welded on or was the fender welded directly to the tube?
Q2) Does the top tubes come out from the fork where the handlebars slid into?
Q3) I see slots in the lower fork where the tire hub goes through. It looks similar to locking/keeper washer that bikes use. Are they available?
THANKS! Capnz

Sears roper shock q3

I took the rear shocks off. My questions are..

Q1) How do I get the springs off? The cups keep spinning.
Q2) Are the rubber bushings available???

You could drop 5/8" rod in the holes and weld bars over em or buy used forks. I'd get the BMX ones off and grind it smooth gingerly then add risers and bars off something else. You need something like this:

Mine are off an Arco so I'm asking a good bit for em but you can find some that will work. I see them everywhere and even have some off a chopper bicycle I'm saving for a project.

GOTCHA! That's what I thought. So,,,,,,,, in any event I'm going to have to have risers welded on THEN I can put new handle bars on. I'd like chrome ones. Maybe I should just leave what is on there, albeit I'm not happy with it!

GOTCHA! That's what I thought. So,,,,,,,, in any event I'm going to have to have risers welded on THEN I can put new handle bars on. I'd like chrome ones. Maybe I should just leave what is on there, albeit I'm not happy with it!
You have many choices, the one smokinsmo posted does have the forks you need so there's that option. Do what make the most sense for your situation. I build riders with no attention to originality if it makes no sense $ wise to go correct parts. I'd do the riser thing but bolt em on rather than weld but that's my preference. You'll get it sorted out.:thumbsup:

THANKS A LOT NECK! Followed your link and found how to get them apart. Anytime someone can save me a few $$ I appreciate it! Now I have to find where I can get a set of new rubber grommets. Capnz

Well,,, SANFU After getting the bottoms off the shock I look inside, (a lot of rust), but no nut. Mine is a SEBAC but it's got like a rounded head inside, not a nut. A guy posted a nice tutorial here on how to do it. Mine looks like the top of a BIG nail.??? No nut. Oh well, get out the checkbook! Capns

ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A CHEAP SISSY BAR FOR THE BACK THAT SLIDES INTO THE FRAME TUBES? @ 9 1/2" TO 10" ACROSS. I'D LIKE ONE @ 8" - 10" ABOVE THE SEAT.

Thanks Guys!!! Its getting there. CAPNZ