Sears roper (need help restoring)

Hey everyone i picked up a sears roper today. Its in pretty good condition but is missing a few parts like the gas tank and original seat along with the rear grab bar. Does run and ride and cant wait to get it lookin fine again!

Rear Grabber bar was an option . If you have rubber plugs there , then yours did not have the bar . Early versions of the Roper did not have the remote tank on top of the frame in front of the seat either . They did come with chain guards . Pictures ?

If your seat doesnt have the angle inward in the front that meets that hard to find, and expensive once you do, remote tank like a puzzle, then it just had the tank on the Tecumseh. And u dont have to bother. Post pics.

well guys I am attempting do add a picture now. should just be a few minutes. As for the seat it does have the narrower portion in the front unlike the seats I see that have the tanks with them.

If yours came with a tank it will have straps across the frame with a hole in the front one and two in the rear. To me the tank is ugly but that's the way they came and both of mine have them.

Hey everyone i picked up a sears roper today. Its in pretty good condition but is missing a few parts like the gas tank and original seat along with the rear grab bar.
You can just make one if you don't care about originality. Here's one I did years ago using the handle from a push mower I cut down:

Last edited: