Sell things for Free on craig's list

I have just discovered a new web-site called craig's list. It costs nothing to sell and is localized to your geographic area. Beats the you know what out of e-bay. Used it this week for the first time and sold $500 worth. It even pays to try and sell something for $10. It's all local so there is no need to ship anything.

jeep4me

Hey.....come on guys:doah:.... he is new to this forum.

Bushman....in the "search" bar at the top of this forum, enter the word "craigslist", and you'll see why these guys are prodding you.

Hent

Im sorry I shouldnt be that way, I noticed you are a new member... Welcome to the site and thanks for the Craigslist tip!
Actually, he joined 02/07 and you joined 08/08 - who's new now?? :thumbsup:

But yeah, most guys on here already know about craigslist, and for those who don't, bushman just helped you out.

My wife is talking about getting a second job because of craigslist..........

How cool is that!?!?

Actually her reasoning was when we want a new toy (guns, minis, etc.), the cash will be there.

There is another "Local List" that everyone can get on. I haven't heard anyone here mention called "free-cycle". It is a yahoo group that you join for free. Everything is free. If you try to sell anything they will boot you from the group. You can get some good deals on there as well, but parts for mini's would be pretty rare. However you can post a "wanted" ad, and see if you get any responses. I think you go to freecycle.org and sign up for your zip code area. Anyone else here use it?

Last edited:
I dunno about your area but the Freecycle group here has turned into more of people begging for laptops, cars, cell phones etc. Or people just wanting you to rid their yard of junk. I dunno maybe you could get lucky in your area, but if anything interesting comes up... People bombard the giver with 100's of e-mails, so even if you find something you want, chances are very slim that you will get it.

Actually, he joined 02/07 and you joined 08/08 - who's new now?? :thumbsup:

But yeah, most guys on here already know about craigslist, and for those who don't, bushman just helped you out.
Looks like I need to read a little better, dang noobs :surrender: :ban:

jeep4me

I tried to join the free-cycle group and you have to give a reason why they should let you join and how you would give your stuff away, which is cool, I have alot of stuff I'd give to needy people.

But, obviously my reasons weren't good enough and they denied me access.

:censure:screw free-cycle, I'll stick with craigslist and put things for free on there.

Jeepforme, I hear ya! I singed up for one local zip and everything was fine. Another local area didn't accept me. The whole idea is to keep stuff from going to a land fill, but then people want to get picky about their garbage I guess. I have to admit most of what is on there is a bunch of bored housewives giving away baby clothes but every now and then someone posts a hot tub or a motorcycle. It's hit and miss but worth a try to post a wanted for mini parts. If nothing else, you can find some scrap metal to weld on sometimes.

markus

Bushman if you like craigslist type in Crazedlist.org ! You have to use Firefox and change a few parameters but you can search multiple cities at once. :thumbsup:

Oh I like freecycle to, Ive got some really nice stuff off there, but you have to be real quick on the trigger to get it. its also hilarious what some people will offer up to!

i hate using CL for selling stuff but it's free so i do it. buying is almost as much of a pain in the ass too.

it might be cool at first, but after using it for many, many years you'll probably think differently. i'm also sure that the Bay Area CL (where it started) is a bit different than where you're from.

65ShelbyClone

i hate using CL for selling stuff but it's free so i do it.
Same here, but I am finding that CL is really hit 'n' miss for selling. I either get no hits at all or I get dingbats who want to screw around. Case in point; I had several things listed recently and two (different) people acting interested wanted me to deliver my stuff without any commitment to purchase....one was only 25mi away :eek:ut:, the other was about 1.5hrs. I had a Ford intake manifold listed and some idiot wanted me to throw in a Holley carb for free! I later sold that same intake(by itself) on Ebay for ~$40 more than I was asking.

After years on ebay and their ever increasing fees, i tried Craigs list. Got my first call after 14 hours of listing and sold my first item. AND NO DAMM EBAY FEES !!!